Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Thursday, 11 July 2013

A Flamestitch Progress

I have been working on A Flamestitch and have made a little bit more progress since my last post all the way back on 16 April.  I have been working on some other things in between so that is the reason for so little progress.  All of that fill in of black around the flowers on the bottom of the sampler is a little boring so I move around a lot to help keep things a little bit more interesting. As mentioned in my previous post in April I am stitching the scallop band with the rice stitch instead of the charted eyelet stitch.  It gives it a little bit more coverage and texture.




A Flamestitch worked on 40-ct Lakeside Linen using DMC

As always this blog is one of the best out there and it is great to see everyone's work,  Thanks again to Nicola for this great adventure.

15 comments:

Vera said...

Simply gorgeous Robert! I'll bet the black is boring, but it sure sets the colors off nicely.

Jenny said...

This is such a wonderful sampler, and your work is awesome!

Inguna said...

Beautiful stitching Robert!

samplerlover said...

I have always loved this sampler. I think it is the bottom bit that I like. I can totally relate to boring black bits. I'm doing boring green bits lol on my current piece. But with all of the boring bits we end up with stunning samplers. - Sandra.

Bethany said...

Robert, You piece seems to be coming along great. You have to love all the fill in......

Faye said...

It's beautiful Robert!! I have to mix it up all the time.... Great job, Faye

Laura said...

Beautiful stitching Robert.

Stitch Wizard said...

This is so beautiful Robert and your stitching on it is just stunning too!! I love these beautiful colors and would love to do this sampler one day. Gorgeous!

Donna said...

Love it. I will stitch this one someday. Got it kitted...

Krista said...

Beautiful stitching, Robert!! The rice stitches look awesome, love the texture they give the piece.

Lanie said...

Very nice, Robert! I love the look of eyelet stitches but I also love the look your rice stitches give the scalloped band. Beautiful work!

Nicola said...

The black may be boring to stitch Robert but WOW it is definitely worth it. You always choose such stunning samplers to work.

Thank you for your kind words on the blog. It is so enjoyable to see Marsha's beautiful charts being stitched.

Cindy L said...

Robert, I have to agree that the black may be boring but what a beautiful result when those colors "pop".

Sabrina Fechtel said...

That is so beautiful!!!!! I am trying to teach myself to go outside my comfort zone into the world of stitches that are not cross stitch! I never would have tried it until I saw so many beautiful samplers come to life!

MoonBeam said...

Wow, this is a beauty. Keep up the good work.

Bobbi