Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Sunday, 28 July 2013

Elizabeth Harborne - Day 23

Got a chance to work on the sampler again for about thirty minutes this evening.  I decided to establish the start of the remaining bands for the rest of the sampler just to figure out the color distribution.  The other thing is to also figure out if I want the lettering to be upside down as charted.  When I started the sampler my plan was to stitch it just the way it was charted but now I am not so sure... at the moment I am leaning towards just stitching the letters so that they do not appear upside down. I also think I am going to add a band to stitch my name and date etc. so I have added the white and light green lines before the last band in Holbein stitch.  These are just ideas at the moment - probably still in the 'design mode' after finishing the silk project.
Anyway, here is a picture as of tonight
Elizabeth Harborne - Day 23
The Song of my Needle
A bit more on my blog :  thesongofmyneedle.blogspot.com
Have a good Sunday and thanks for all your kind comments!

More as always 

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Looks like you are getting close to the finish. What ever you decide to do, it is sure going to be a beautiful sampler.

Nicola said...

I like your ideas for personalising your sampler. You have down so much, you must be very pleased how it is looking.

MoonBeam said...

Very interesting work. I'm not familiar with this piece...I'll have to look into why the lettering is upside down! Looks like you have the piece very well organized. Good luck with your decision and your finish.

Bobbi