Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Monday, 8 July 2013

My New Start is ....

..... Marion Robertson 1834. Here is her image that I borrowed from The Scarlet Letter website.


There are several (well actually many more than "several"!) SL samplers that I am just itching to stitch. But Miss Marion won this time simply because of her size. I have been looking for a sampler of a certain size ... not too large; not too small ... for the wall area above a large wing chair in our family room. 

I hope to one day expand this area into a sampler wall ... but I'm getting way ahead of myself! 

Anyway, because the wing chair is rather tall, I can't use a sampler with too much overall height, and because the chair is rather large, a sampler too small would look just that ... too small when hung over the chair. Are you following my dilemma?!

So, when Miss Marion caught my eye on the SL website and I marked out her measurements above my chair, she seemed just right. There is nothing too complicated about her and I'm hoping she will move along at a good pace ... we'll see!

Here she is ready to go ....


And here is my little bit of progress from yesterday and today ...


So that's it ... Miss Marion Robertson 1834 is my new BFF ... I'm sure we will get along just fine!

Hope you are enjoying time with your BFFs too!


xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

13 comments:

Bethany said...

Looks like you are moving along and I am sure Marion and you will enjoy your time together. Too Big, Too Small, I never worry, you can always find room for another sampler, no matter the size.

Krista said...

A wonderful start on Miss Marion! Glad you found one just the right size! :)

Erica near Chicago said...

Another wonderful project. I especially love the house & fence.

Jenny said...

Hi Lanie,
I love your new start! Marion has been on my list to stitch as well. She is such a beautiful sampler and I will be anxiously awaiting your progress pics :)

Angie Burrett said...

Hello Lanie: this piece will be beautiful. And I agree with Bethany - there is ALWAYS room for one more - well, there just has to be and that is that!!
Will look forward to following your progress x

Pamela said...

I love the colors in this sampler. Looks like the beginning of a sampler wall to me! Can't wait to see more.

Rachel F said...

Don't know how I missed this one! Marion looks like she will be beautiful. Exciting to already have a spot picked out! Will enjoy looking forward to your progress posts!

Nicola said...

I have this one in my stash Lanie. There is so much that attracts me.

The colours on your start are so scrumptious :o))

Vera said...

Love your start Lanie. This one will be another beauty for sure.

Merry Wind Farm said...

I love Marion Robertson, Scottish house samplers are my all time favorites.
Melinda

Melissa said...

You're off to a great start! That last photo shows off the beautiful colours well!

Marsha said...

An exciting new start. Love those colors.

Cindy L said...

Lanie, love the new start! Such beautiful colors to work with.