Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Tuesday, 30 July 2013

R Robinson is Finished!!!

I can't believe it, I really finished Rebecca Robinson!  It is one month past my hoped for completion, but she really is done!




We just got back from a big family vacation in North Carolina.  While we were there, I got the opportunity to visit a wonderful cross stitch store, Dyeing to Stitch, in Virginia Beach, VA.  It was absolutely amazing!  Two of the friendliest and most helpful ladies, Ann and Wendy, helped my sisters choose some projects and kitted them up.  I could have stayed there studying completed samplers and patterns for a week!  Ann and Wendy also helped me select some lovely linens for Frances B Jones and Mary Ann Michell.  Ann is one of the owners of the shop and dyes the linens!  I wish I could have bought a piece of every one of her beautiful linens! It really was a wonderful treat and a highlight of my vacation!

Here are a few of the details I added to R Robinson:


and our two new Devon Rex cats we recently adopted:


I am going to mail my sampler to Ann at Dyeing to Stitch.  I asked her about framing suggestions and didn't know if I could find a place nearby.  Ann is going to have her framer take care of it for me!  I just can't believe how fortunate to have stumbled upon her shop just minutes from the airport where we picked up one of my sisters!

Thank you all for your suggestions and kind words of encouragement as I worked on this project!  It was a wonderful experience.  Special thanks to Faye for the wonderful linen and her amazing work on her Rebecca Robinson!  Thank you to Nicola and Jo for such a fantastic blog and group of stitchers!

I am so looking forward to my next project Sarah Siddall, who has been waiting patiently for months.  Temptation to start on Frances B Jones or Mary Ann Michell is pulling at me, too, especially now that I have R&R Reproduction linens!  

P.S.  I forgot to mention: fabric is Edinburgh Cream 36ct (i think i remember correctly, as it was a most generous gift!) and I used the called for AVAS silks.  For the cats and dogs I used some other threads.
Thank you for all your wonderful comments! I can't wait to see her framed!

20 comments:

woolwoman said...

sounds like you had a fantastic trip and your visit with the R&R ladies was a bonus. Your finish is stunning - I love this sampler. Love how you personalized for your new kitties. Cheers! melody

JoAnn said...

Your sampler is gorgeous and I especially liked the "Adapted from" phrase that you added. I think I'm going to do that from now on. Thanks for sharing your idea along with your beautiful finish.

Angie Burrett said...

Rachel: your Rebecca is SUPERB!! No wonder you are thrilled. You have made an heirloom. Congratulations.
Your shop find must have been such fun - isn't it wonderful when you stumble unexpectedly across somewhere so special. Take care and well done - here's to your next project!

Elizabeth said...

Rachel, you must be so thrilled with Rebecca - she is beautiful.

Looking forward to seeing how you progress with your next project.

Melissa said...

Congratulations on the finish! I like how you have personalized it!

Merry Wind Farm said...

I LOVE your Rebecca Robinson! The two kitties that you added are such a great touch. I am envious of your visit to the R & R ladies shop, be sure to post again when your framing is done.
Melinda

Nicola said...

A HUGE WELL DONE !!!

Rebecca is so beautiful and now you know you can take on Sarah with confidence.

How wonderful to find the store and meet the R & R ladies.

Kielrain said...

What a fantastic finish!

Jenny said...

Your sampler is simply AMAZING! You have stitched her beautifully and I love how you have adapted her. Well Done! How exciting to find such a special shop so unexpectedly...it sounds like you had a wonderful time! I can hardly wait to see your sampler framed and am looking forward to seeing your next project.

Babs in Alabama said...

I love love love this piece. Those colors just do something for me and I'm headed over to Scarlet Letter right now :) Making it your own with the personalizations a great idea and agree with JoAnn on the 'adapted by'. Stitched beautifully!!

Kevin said...

Wow, that's a beauty! Congrats on your finish. I love R&R Reproductions linen - bet that was a fun trip getting to stop by Dyeing to Stitch! I'd be pretty dangerous let loose in there with my credit card in hand!! LOL! Looking forward to your next WIP progress pics. And hope you'll show us R Robinson when she's all framed!

Faye said...

Wonderful job Rachel!! I was happy to gift you the linen. You certainly did an amazing job! Ad, the ladies at Dyeing to Stitch are amazing also.... I'm so glad to hear you guys connected!

Krista said...

A beautiful finish! Congrats!!

Chris said...

Congratulations! She is gorgeous.

Lanie said...

Beautiful, Rachel! Congratulations! Love your additions. Oh how I wish there was a needlework shop in my area .... how wonderful that you made new friends ... and they do framing!
Enjoy your new treasure! Be sure to share a photo once she is framed.

MoonBeam said...

Congratulations on your wonderful finish. Nice work!

Can't wait to see your framed piece. I used to travel a lot, and the first thing I would do when we got settled into the hotel room was check the yellow pages for stitching stores. So much fun to search out new places. It sounds like you found a great one.

Looking foward to seeing what comes next for you.

Bobbi

Bethany said...

Wow, another wonderful finish. I am so glad you decided to make this your own. Can't wait to see which sampler pulls the hardest.

Dawn said...

Beautiful finish. I love all of the special figures you added to personalize it.
Looking forward to seeing to framed!

Jonette said...

Beautiful!!

Rachel F said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all your kind comments! I have so appreciated your encouragement both personal and seeing everyone's fantastic progress and breath-taking stitching!