Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Friday, 2 August 2013

Hallelujah!!!!

Can you hear the music coming from Lancaster PA?  I have finally finished Emma Miles!!! 

I learned a lot about how I should choose a reproduction sampler, and the most important thing for me is that it be in colors that I love.  Poor Emma was appealing in the middle, but the colors leaned too much toward the gold/beige/tan range for me.  I have to admit though, that the finished piece is much better than I expected.  Also a surprise to me is that the satin stitching in the border is beautiful and one of my favorite things!

My next Scarlet Letter will be And All Was For An Appil.  Lots of color there!!  I think it might be a month or more before I can start it, but who knows?

Lynn


12 comments:

Bethany said...

Isn't it funny what we like when it comes to our samplers. I love Emma and the border is beautiful. AWFAA will sure give you color. I know when I stiched Polly Phillip, I couldn't believe all the bright colors. I usally don't pick bright, but once she was finished Wow..... Your sampler is lovely and we'll all look forward to seeing how you frame her.

KB said...

I thought I heard a party going on!!! so it was you... Many congrats on the finish.. You did it!!!! so proud of you...Looks great... now celebrate!!!!

Jenny said...

I could hear the music all the way out in CA. LOL....congratulations on a beautiful finish! Your Emma is just lovely, I especially am drawn to the birds in this one. I will be looking forward to seeing AAWFAA when you start.

Lanie said...

Beautiful, Lynn ... congratulations! I love everything about "Emma" but my favorite part of her is the border. All the satin stitching is so pretty.
Enjoy AAWFA It always looks like such fun. Look forward to your progress photos.

MoonBeam said...

Congratulations! Very nice finish. You should be very proud.

I agree...I have to work with colors I like. Don't like too many browns and almost no yellow or orange.

Have fun with the next start.

Bobbi

Erica said...

Congratulations! Well done!
I know what you mean about the color. That is always what appeals to me.
It is so delicate and lovely! I am sure you will enjoy it for many years!

EvalinaMaria said...

It looks beautiful, congratulations!

Anne said...

Congrats on your finish! It's stunning!!

Jonette said...

Beautiful!!! Congratulations!!

Nicola said...

So beautiful, hang her with pride. I hope one day to have her on my sampler wall too.

SonjaC said...

Beautiful. I think she may be my next SL project, you did a great job.

Cindy L said...

Congratulations Lynn.....your Emma is so beautiful!