Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Monday, 12 August 2013

Lady & the Castle

Hello everyone,

I've not posted in several weeks. First it was too hot to even think about stitching, then when the weather turned more temperate it was still too warm for me. But now the days are shorter, the leaves on a couple of trees near the house have begun to turn, (American) football is back on TV, and the afternoon sunlight has begun to develop a hint of autumnal slant. My favorite time of the year is almost here.

Since my last post, I've finished the creature under the fishpond. He'd been without legs, tail and ears for ever so long!

I've also finished the tree beneath the castle.

Really bad photo, I know. It was very cloudy by late afternoon yesterday.

And finally two closeups:

There have been some amazing finishes recently. Congratulations to everyone!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Your Lady is really coming along beautifully. The colors are so vibrant and your stitching is lovely. Everytime I see your progress I want to stitch her too :)

MoonBeam said...

I'm in Cleveland experiencing the same weather/ seasonal beginnings of changes that you mentioned...autumn is my favorite, too.

Keep up the good stitching...you are making great progress.

Bobbi

Bethany said...

Your stitching is lovely and you are coming along nicely. I am going to miss seeing all the posts, in the next couple of weeks.

Lanie said...

Such a pretty Lady! Your stitching is beautiful, Erica! I so enjoy following your progress on this sampler! Keep the updates coming!

Nicola said...

English football has started too!!! Last night I was trying to stitch and I was so hot under my lamp my glasses kept sliding off.

The Lady is awesome !!!