Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Monday, 26 August 2013

Lady & the Castle

Hello everyone,

Instead of completing the next motif, I decided to outline all of the remaining flora and fauna. I'm about half way done.

Next Monday is the Labor Day holiday in the US. I hope to finish the rest of the outlining then unless it is too hot to stitch.

Here is an overall picture:
There is only text below the bottom row of motifs. I may jump up and work on the sun and clouds above the castle next.


8 comments:

Scarlet Letter said...

My approach to needlework pictures like this is to outline everything first to make sure that everything is in its proper place before filling in with color. I believe this is how the original piece was done. The design was painted onto linen and first the figures were outlined in a dark color, then the shading began, the fun part.

Chris said...

This is so beautiful. Such wonderful colors.

brod'attitude said...

I love your sampler

Erica near Chicago said...

I love coming across photos of half-finished tent stitch pictures. There is such a difference between the outlined or line-drawn image on one side and the vibrantly colored image on the other. Items such as this Judith and Holofernes: http://www.leicestergalleries.com/19th-20th-century-paintings/d/scenes-from-the-story-of-judith-and-holofernes/48463

Lanie said...

Beautiful Erica! I love how with each new post your sampler comes more to life! Your stitching is lovely. And oh my, what a masterpiece the Judith and Holofernes piece is! Thank you for sharing.

Vera said...

I just love seeing all the creatures appearing. This is already beautiful -- it will be fabulous when finished.

Nicola said...

I think that this is an amazing sampler which you are stitching beautifully. Looking forward to seeing more after the holiday.

Cindy L said...

Erica....such a beautiful sampler. Once you get done with the outlining you'll have the fun of coloring everything in.