Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Saturday, 3 August 2013

Matilda Ann Charles Is Finished!

Hello Everyone,
I am so excited.....Matilda Ann Charles is finished at last. She is my first Scarlet Letter sampler and I am just so pleased with how she turned out. So without further ado here we go with......

A Celebration of Matilda Ann Charles

I fell in love with Adam and Eve
on samplers I should say
So I decided I would start
a sampler on New Years Day.


I found the sampler that touched my heart
But I could not read her name
I searched and searched when I had the time
But alas it all came up in vain

I really enjoyed Nicola's Blog
and following all of you
The samplers were amazing
so joining I would do

So off to the Scarlet Letter site
I went so happily
And there she was... my Adam and Eve
and Marsha sent her off to me


I started my sampler and began to stitch
as happy as I could be
I pictured a little brown-haired girl
who became part of my family


I wondered what her life was like
and where she went to school 
I wondered about her family and friends
and what was her favorite sewing tool

I knew the year that she was born
It was 1819
Alexandrina Victoria was born then too
and one day she would be Queen


Soon my sampler began to take shape
and William came to be
I stitched the birds, the crooked band
the apples and the tree


The verses were done, the border matched up
and I could see the end
Matilda Ann Charles was finished at last
and I felt she had become my friend


So here she is, I'm happy to say
For all of you to see
Matilda Ann Charles, my Adam and Eve
As pretty as can be



I've really enjoyed stitching her
she has become quite dear
But most of all I've enjoyed the friends 
I've made during Nicola's Scarlet Letter Year

So now it's time to start again
Which sampler shall I do?
Margaret Randolph is ready to go
as well as SDW.........


Happy Stitching my friends...thanks for taking the time to see Matilda.

Jenny

24 comments:

MoonBeam said...

Jenny,

How fun...what a wonderful tribute to Matilda Ann, and what a great job you did stitching her. I can tell you had a lot of fun.

Have fun with your next start, as well. Nope you get her finished too so we can be treated with another of your tributes.

Happy stitching.

Bobbi

EvalinaMaria said...

That's what I call 'Happy Dance'! Congratulations and thank you for sharing, I hope that your next choice will be Margaret Randolph - I absolutely adore the blues in her sampler.

Lanie said...

Congratulations, Jenny, she is beautiful! Your stitching made me fall in love with Matilda Ann ... one of these days I will stitch her as well.
Your post was delightful. So happy to have "met" you through the SLY fun!
Looking forward to your next start.

Bethany said...

What a lovely A&E. I can't wait to see which sampler you choose to start next. I had better go and look again at M Randolph. Isn't it wonderful to finish and start anew......

JoAnn said...

Congratulations Jenny: I know the feeling you had when you first saw M Randolph. I had the same feeling when I saw SL's Ann Hall. I could hardly wait for her to arrive and she is now gracing my living room wall. Please send another photo when she is framed.

Faye said...

Love Matilda and your poetic touch~~~

Tinka said...

Happy dancing with you! Congratulations on your wonderful finish. Looking forward to your new start.

Jonette said...

Beautiful! Another to add to my wish list....

Krista said...

Congratulations on a beautiful finish! What a fun poem, love it!!

Angie Burrett said...

What a great finish - love your sampler and your poetic talents!

Elizabeth said...

i loved how you announced your finish of Matilda - a real celebration. She is beautiful.

Nicola said...

Well done Jenny on a beautiful finish and a BRILLIANT post :o))

Cheri said...

Beautiful sampler and a very creative post. You are very talented.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a gorgeous sampler and a great rhyme too. I wrote a poem to go with my Dark Alphabet sampler, it is NOT as easy as you'd think!

Merilde said...

Jenny - What a lovely sampler and such beautiful work. It is a cheerful design with happy colors. You are a creative lady in more than stitching!
Lori

Patti-Rocky Mtn Stitcher said...

Applause. Applause. It's a fantastic finish. I envy you !!

Patti-Rocky Mtn Stitcher said...

Applause. Applause. It's a fantastic finish. I envy you !!

Dawn said...

Beautiful finish and a lovely tribute!

Tommye said...

Congrats on a lovely finish.

Lelia said...

Congrats!

Rachel F said...

She did turn out to be a dream-come-true! So glad you found her and shared your thoughts and stitching with us. Looking forward to seeing what grabs your imagination the most next . . .

Erica near Chicago said...

Congratulations. It looks wonderful.

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Wonderful job on Matilda and I really enjoyed your poetic post! Congratulations on a beautiful finish!

Cindy L said...

Jenny, Congratulations on such a beautiful finish! Loved your poem too!