Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Monday, 2 September 2013

Almost There

Hi All,

Here is another update on Janet Carsels.  I don't have much left before she is finished.  I am not sure I am ready for her to be finished as I have very much enjoyed stitching on this one.

 
Bottom Section

Tree Detail


Corner Flower Detail
I tried to attach some detailed photos.  I love the corner flower motif.  The white tree is nice now but it was not a lot of fun to do.  The black centers caused me some problems as they are only one stitch so they are hard to do and not have traveling threads.  I ended up traveling with the thread and I did not think you could see it.  I see it is visible on the picture though.   I am going to have to fix that.    

Keep on stitching.
Dawn M 

10 comments:

Lanie said...

Lovely, Dawn. I think your white trees look perfect. Look forward to your "and she's finished" post :)

Jenny said...

Your sampler is looking beautiful Dawn! I agree with Lanie, your white trees do look perfect.

Melissa said...

Such a pretty sampler! This blog has been so great as we get a good look at so many Scarlet Letter samplers!

Happy Stitching!

Nicola said...

Dawn - have you tried a pin stitch to start and finish, I came across it recently and it is very handy particularly so for the one isolated stitch.

I can understand the wrench when a love affair with a project comes to an end.

Janet is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.

Dawn said...

Beautiful work! Thanks for sharing. This looks like a tempting project - love all the motifs.

Vera said...

This is beautiful. I love the corner flowers!

Mary said...

Love the angled bouquet of flowers in the bottom left corner! This is one I hadn't noticed before, but now I think she's gorgeous.









































































ve th

Bethany said...

I just love this border. You are coming along nicely and I look forward to some more pictures.

Cindy L said...

Dawn, this is such a pretty sampler. The colors and motifs are looking so lovely.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

A beautiful sampler.

Lovely colors.