Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Tuesday, 10 September 2013

Back to Routine

Home from the lake and back to work. My husband and I had the most amazing summer. Quality time spent together and with friends and family. I posted a couple of lake pictures.  I planned to do more stitching and finish Emma but it didn't happen. The weather was just to hot and family and friends frequently visited.
 I am getting back to routine and stitching again. I read lots of the posts and I am so excited that the group might continue on!! Everyone's samplers are coming along and looking so beautiful. And the finishes wow!
Nicola your tableau is spectacular. My daughter and her partner have Katahdin  (Hair) sheep and this sampler would be perfect for them. I know they would both treasure it .So of course it is going on my to do list. I will  have to find an appropriate verse for them.
 
 
 
 
I am now working on the bottom motifs. Then I have  to complete the border.
 
 
 
 
Our Marina
 

 
                                            
 
Pickerel Fishing was great!
 
 
 
 
 
Katahdin Sheep
 

7 comments:

Bethany said...

Welcome back. I am sure Emma will be coming along nicely in no time. What a wonderful summer you all must have had. I agree with you and Nicola's Tablet. I think I just might have to put this in a to do list and figure out what to place in the middle. I just love that border.

Jenny said...

Welcome back Debbie. I am so glad you had a wonderful summer. Your Emma is coming along beautifully and she will be complete in no time :). I agree with you about Nicola's sampler......just beautiful.......on my list for one day......

Scarlet Letter said...

Katahdin sheep! I have just adopted a milking Alpine goat. You must find a sampler with goats to remind you of this lovely time and place.

brod'attitude said...

Thank you for your beautiful pictures.

Lanie said...

Hi Debbie! Sounds like you had a delightful summer. And Miss Emma will be finished soon I'm sure ... look forward to your "finished!" post.

Nicola said...

Welcome back Debbie. A holiday on a lake sounds such great fun. The beauty of a lake is so inspirational.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...


Your Emma Miles is coming along nicely.

Thanks for all the travel pictures.

There are goats on some Newburyport, MA samplers - not sure if they have been reproduced - if not SL, maybe Joann Harvey of the Exlamplery. I have seen some goats on European samplers too.