Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Wednesday, 25 September 2013

E. Raysor done

hi guys...well, I did it...Elizabeth Raysor is finished!

I will always remember this sampler in the midst of a busy spring/summer... in between wedding plans and making favors with my girls...whenever I needed a quick pick-me-up to relax, I picked up Elizabeth Raysor!


I am not the fanciest stitcher in the world (and I often get distracted!) so this was a perfect project for my first Scarlett Letter stitch-a-long!


The sampler biography says that Elisabeth Raysor was stitched in 1834.  Some twenty or so years later, my forebears would make the long journey from Europe across the ocean to make their new home(s) here in America.

I wonder if this Elizabeth chose the two colors that she actually had in her workbox...being that they didn't have the wealth of silks/linens that we have today to choose from!




hope you enjoy my stitching (I sure enjoy the variety and talent on this board! wow! you guys are doing awesome work!)

I am now stitching Sarah Limah, so will post updates as time permits.  Enjoy the Fall....

Theresa

12 comments:

Lanie said...

Theresa, congratulations on your E. Raysor finish ... she is such a charming piece and I'm sure she is the first of many!

Nicola Parkman said...

Well done Teresa on a charming finish. I can always bring back to mind what was going on in my life when I was stitching a sampler, sometimes great happiness such as my son's wedding or my grandson's birth.

I am so pleased that you have found SL charts. I look forward to seeing your next sampler grow.

Nicola Parkman said...

Well done Teresa on a charming finish. I can always bring back to mind what was going on in my life when I was stitching a sampler, sometimes great happiness such as my son's wedding or my grandson's birth.

I am so pleased that you have found SL charts. I look forward to seeing your next sampler grow.

DawnM said...

This is a beautiful sampler Theresa. I love the simplicity of it.

Congratulations!

Debbie Bauer said...

Very sweet sampler! Can't wait to see it framed. Do you have a place in mind where you are going to hang it?

Elizabeth said...

This is so lovely, I just love it.

Erica near Chicago said...

Congratulations. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress on Sarah Limah.

Bethany said...

Wonderful finish. I look forward to your many posts, of samplers to come.

Theresa said...

Thanks... this finish is HUGE for me
because it's the first stitch-a-long I've belonged to
(and what better one than reproduction samplers? : )
and, also because of all that went on the past six months
(broken ankles, weddings, daughter
moving to KY...you know. Everyday life!)
I don't know yet where I will hang it; we live in an old farmhouse
that should have plenty of
wallspace but there are lots of doors and windows taking
up room (our living room alone
has four doorways and four windows! : )
thanks again for the comments I enjoy reading every one!

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

This is such a lovely sampler.
Your stitching is beautiful.

Pamela said...

Go, YOU! Congratulations on your finish - very pretty!

Cindy L said...

Theresa ,congratulations on such a lovely finish.