Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Friday, 20 September 2013

End of Summer - And A New Start

Hello all!  It has been a loooong time.  And a busy summer.  I haven't done much stitching since I finished Dorothy.
Dorothy Walpole
 
This is Dorothy in her "final resting place" so to speak.  After being back from the framers almost six weeks, she is finally on the dining room wall.  She matches perfectly!  And it's nice to go by her every morning and say hello.
 
Somehow, last spring I managed to tear a tendon in my foot.  And continue to walk on it all summer.  And ignore the pain.  By the time I finally went to the doctor we were to the "aggressive" treatment stage (I know, I know. . .), so for the next few weeks I am in a walking boot, on pain meds, with instructions to stay off my feet.  So, I'm going to stitch.  Sounds reasonable to me.  Might do my mental health some good, too! 
 
Pulled out A Parrot, A Leopard, A Lion.  Sounds like just what the doctor ordered.

o
 
I'm going to use 40 count Antique White Newcastle Linen over two threads with the called for AVAS silk (for those who know me well, you may pick up your jaw now!).  I'm planning to do all of the outlining first then just have fun coloring in the lines.
 
Have a wonderful weekend.  Happy Stitching.
 
Sharon H

12 comments:

Lanie said...

Oh how beautiful Miss Dorothy looks against your rose-colored wall ... lovely!
So sorry about your tendon tear ... ouch! But PLL looks like a great project to keep you company while recuperating ... fun sampler with lots of great colors! Enjoy and rest well. I'll look forward to your progress posts.

Erica near Chicago said...

Very beautiful!

Nicola said...

Firstly I am very sorry to read about your tear. It must be so painful. Senind you a BIG HUG.

Dorothy looks amazing, you must be so pleased.

Great choice for your next stitch. Every parrot has to have a name, have you thought of one ? :o))

Krista said...

Hope you will be feeling better soon! Seeing Dorothy every day looking so beautiful on your wall must bring a smile :) It is GORGEOUS!!
Looking forward to seeing your new start!

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Hope you feel better soon.
Dorothy looks marvelous on your wall.

I look forward to your progress on the Parrot, Leopard & Lion.
I think you should name all of them.

Jonette said...

Dorothy looks beautiful on that color wall. Hope you feel better soon!

Sharon H said...

Hmmm, haven't thought about naming them. Pretty good thought, though. Will think on it and let you know. May need yo get four year old nephew involved!

Thanks for the well wishes!

Ann said...

Dorothy looks absolutely beautiful on the wall--can't wait to visit her in person! And look forward to see the progress on the new project.

Hope your foot improves faster than expected!

Bethany said...

Feel better soon. Dorothy is lovely and your new project is going to be coming to life soon....

Cindy L said...

Dorothy looks so lovely and has always been at the top of my list. I agree that stitching will be the best therapy for recovery so put your feet up and enjoy PLL!

Pamela said...

Clearly your body was telling you that you need more stitching time, so you MUST listen to it! Which did you pick first, the sampler pattern or the wall color? They're perfect together! Take care.

Sharon H said...

Pamela, the wall color has been up for almost nine years now. It didn't occur to hang Dorothy there until I was passing through with her on the way to the other end of the house to find a blank wall space for her and voila - there it was - a match made in heaven!