Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Wednesday, 18 September 2013

End-of-summer, Sarah Limah and E. Raysor

hello stitchers!  It seems like a loooong time since I've posted (and I think, that is because, it is.  : )

FALL is here!  School has started up again for our crowd... our girls went to our state fair to participate in their 4H horse program... (here is a photo, I will only show Debra's picture as this is her last year in 4H (she graduated)....Debra is in the brown tee-shirt (I just thought it would be fun to show some end-of-summer activity photos)....



the boys went on their annual canoe trip...



and, we had a new calf (we have Dutch Belted cows)...the kids named the calf "Joshua Chamberlain" after the civil war general.


 we have been harvesting tomatoes and corn... and, now and then, I've been able to do a little stitching (sadly, not as much as I would like!  but, now that it's cooler weather and life has slowed down a little maybe that will change.)

I finished the border on E. Raysor and looked at it and realized there was ONE motif left that I hadn't finished!  (dumb me.)  So, once that is done, I will have a finish to post!  But for now here are a couple quick photos (you can see how close I am to getting that last one done...)





and, I also have been doing Sarah Limah and enjoying the color changes in that one.  Some of the symbols are different from the photo so I have gotten a little creative and changed just a couple of the colors but this is mostly true to the reproduction:


hope you all are enjoying the early Fall days!
Theresa

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Hi Theresa,
Your samplers look terrific. I will be looking forward to seeing your finish! The baby calf is just too precious!

Krista said...

Looks like you have been having lots of fun! What a sweet calf! Your stitching looks awesome, so very close to a finish!

Nicola said...

A great post Teresa. Your stitching is beautiful. I think we all do less stitching in the summer.

Joshua is adorable.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Your work is lovely. You will be finished in no time.

I hardly put a stitch in my linen this summer too. Weddings, baby gifts (we are expecting Great Triplets next month), family visits and I was happy working on sampler research this summer.

After seeing your Dutch Belted cow, I have a need to stripe my next charted cow. :-)