Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Friday, 13 September 2013

Finally, a new Post!



I have been so enjoying all the beautiful samplers and all the beautiful work of the very talented stitchers on these two blogs.  I have had a very busy, emotionally trying summer so I have been absent for way too long.  It is time for me to get back in my groove and show you what little bit of work I have done.    (I can also blame summer because I do tend to blame summer weather on anything that frustrates me!!)

When I say a little bit I really do mean it, at least for our Scarlet Letter challenge.  After finishing Dorothy Walpole I started the Manifesto as well as Ruth Bachelor.  I have a little done on both, but I have spent quite a bit of time working on some other projects.  So hopefully I will get these two samplers back in my "rotation" and we will see way more progress this fall.  
 
Here is Ruth Bachelor, it scared me a little a first but I really have enjoyed this little bit of stitching that I have managed to do so far.  

Below is Manifesto, I am doing this on 35 count natural linen and using tent stitch over 1.  I love it but I am afraid it is going to be a very long term love affair!!  

Thanks again for all the beautiful sampler posts, I will be back soon with some more progress.


5 comments:

Bethany said...

My guess is Manifesto is going to take some time. But we all finish one stitch at a time. Good luck and looking forward to more posts

Lanie said...

Beautiful stitching Sonja! I love the colors of Ruth Bacheler ... she is such a happy sampler! And I give a big bushel of kudos to all who are stitching The Manifesto ... what an amazing heirloom you will have!

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Lovely stitching. These are both marvelous samplers.

Nicola said...

Both are beautiful. I am in awe of you stitching Manifesto over 1.

Marsha said...

They are both wonderful.