Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Monday, 9 September 2013

Janet is Finished

Hi All,

I am happy to say Janet Carsels is finished.  I completed her last Wednesday but had to wait until the weekend to get some photos in the sunlight.

I am very pleased with this finish.  Such a fun sampler to stitch.  

Here is the full piece completed.

Janet Carsels Finished

Some detail photos.




The cleaned up white tree.  I am happier with this now that you can't see the black thread.


Janet was stitched on Lakeside Linens 40ct Vintage Navy Bean with the called for AVAS threads.  I did change the light gray used on the tree above to Blanc Optique as the grey did not show up on my linen.  

   
I am looking through the Scarlet Letter website for a new piece to start.  I am trying to pick something that hasn't been worked on thus far for some variety.

Dawn M





19 comments:

Vera said...

Gorgeous finish Dawn! Congratulations. Looking forward to seeing what you pick next.

Bethany said...

Beautiful finish. What a task you have, picking a SL that hasn't been finished yet or isn't being worked on. Can't wait to see what you decide.

Melissa said...

What a pretty sampler. Congratulations! I am looking forward too to seeing what you will stitch next.

Laura said...

Congratulations.
Beautiful.

Elizabeth said...

This is a just beautiful.

Nicola said...

S.T.U.N.N.I.N.G !!!

Congratulations on a superb finish.

It is very hard to pick a project particularly one that we haven't seen stitched yet which is crazy when there are over 300 to choose from but so true.

Jenny said...

Your sampler is really beautiful Dawn! You have done just a wonderful job stitching her. I too am anxious to see what you choose next....new starts are always so much fun.

Jonette said...

Congratulations. This is beautiful. Looking forward to see what you pick to start next.

Faye said...

A truly beautiful piece~~ congrats!!!

Debbie Bauer said...

Gorgeous! It is such a pretty sampler. Can't wait to see what you choose to stitch next.

Cindy L said...

Dawn, congratulations on your beautiful finish! Gorgeous stitching.

Joke said...

Great finish, congrats!!

Scarlet Letter said...

There are many beautiful samplers not yet featured. It won't be difficult, Dawn.

Erica said...

Beautiful finish!
I love those big red and green letters!

Lanie said...

So pretty, Dawn .... congratulations! Glad you are now happy with your white trees ... beautiful stitching.
Look forward to seeing what your next start will be :)

Martine said...

Que c'est beau, BRAVO

Inguna said...

Love it! Beautiful sampler and so nicely stitched! Curious what will you choose next.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Congratulations on your finish.
Your stitching is beautiful.
I have a soft spot for Scottish samplers.

Marsha said...

She is gorgeous! I have her kitted up for my future retirement. You did a beautiful job.