Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Friday, 6 September 2013

Jean Scrimgeowr Update

 

I wrote back in June that Jean was misplaced so I had picked up the Verlande Sampler by A.W. dated 1756. And then I went away at the end of June and I couldn't find Verlande as we were leaving for the airport so I grabbed the kit for Dora Sanger.

And then summer came and this is what I've done -  

As of yesterday I finished the bottom left quadrant of the Verlande Sampler.


I'm hoping to finish the upper left this month.

I found Jean a couple of weeks ago.  No progress since last you saw her.



BUT the most amazing discovery was someone I haven't seen for years - Amy Bell

During August I worked the upper left quadrant - the house and flowers.  It was strange working with 2strands of DMC again.  I've worked with silk most of the time.  There's not much of a left margin which is why I may have put it away before but someone will know how to frame it.

So the plan is to finish the Verlande Sampler before year end and possibly finish Amy.  Jean will have to roll over into next year I'm afraid.

Being a habitual "starter" I also need to stay away from all the others calling to me

Still having hot, muggy days here in Maine but I'm told cooler air is coming.  I can't wait!!

Cheryl C


6 comments:

Dawn said...

Thanks for sharing your work. Very cool you might finish Vierlande this year. I just started it and will be inspired with your finish, I know mine will go into 2014!

Merry Wind Farm said...

All of your work is beautiful! I often put something away in a "special place" so I don't lose it, then can't remember where :)

Melinda

Scarlet Letter said...

Amy Ball is a very unusual sampler, featuring the two children, a boy and a girl. The graph was charted in the days before computers could assist, so I hope it isn't too difficult to follow. Carry on!

Bethany said...

Wow, what a collection of samplers, they are all lovely. This is the reason I start and finish a sampler. If I did what you are doing, I would never finish any thing. Keep up the great stitching and it won't be long and you'll have some wonderful finishes....

Nicola said...

I have never seen Amy before and can not find photo of her finished on the web, could you post the chart cover photo. i LOVE what you have already stitched.

Melissa said...

They are all lovely pieces. I haven't seen the Verlande sampler before so will check that out. You are making lovely progress!

Good luck with your goals for finishing by year end.