Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Thursday, 5 September 2013

Marion Robertson 1834 Update

Hello friends!

I love summer ... I love everything about summer, and yep that includes the hot and humid temperatures! But it's now September and Fall is anxious to make its appearance ... the kids are back to school ... summer flowers are beginning to fade ... days are getting shorter ... squirrels are busy collecting hickory nuts from our trees ...  and I'm just not ready to say goodbye to summer.

One thing I do look forward to with Fall is more time with my stitching. I've been trying to do a little every day but I don't always succeed. I've continued to work on Marion Robertson 1834 and have made a little progress since my last post.

 
Here's a close up of the house that I worked on while taking our girls back to college. The fill in on the house stones and the grassy area was an easy stitch while traveling, but I can't stitch for long periods while riding in the car so I didn't get as much done as I had hoped to.
 
 
I am looking forward to spending more time with Miss Marion ... I am pushing myself to get her finished so I can move on to my next SL project ... always another waiting to get started!
 
There are so many fantastic projects that continue to be stitched. I  look forward every morning to sit with my coffee and browse the SLY blogs ... so much talent ... so much inspiration to start my day!
 
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Lanie


9 comments:

Erica near Chicago said...

Lanie, Fall always feels like the start of stitching time to me. You are going to have a wonderful piece when finished. I love the house. Lucky you to be able to stitch in a car, if even for short periods of time. I can never gather enough concentration to do so.

Vera said...

Love your sampler Lanie -- it is beautiful! Will look forward to seeing your progress pictures. I can't stitch in the car...I'm usually sleeping if a passenger - lol. I am so ready for Fall and, finally, we are having some beautiful weather here in eastern PA.

Bethany said...

Like you, I love that fall is just around the corner. This means a trip to Ohio, visiting with my mother. The fall colors, the cooler temperatures and a lot of great stitching. Not only with mom, but with all of her wonderful stitching buddies.

You are ooming along nicely with your sampler and I am sure like the rest of us, fall will bring a finish.

Amelia said...

Exquisite stitch-work. I'm having fun doing a big blog trawl today (kids back at school :) ) and you're right there is so much out there, I feel totally inspired right now.

Cindy L said...

Lanie, you are stitching another beautiful sampler. I love the colors, motifs and the house. You are so lucky to be able to stitch in the car. I get car sick if looking downward for reading or stitching but love the overhead light if flying.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Fall is my favorite time of the year.
I love the Autumn blue sky.

This Scottish sampler is one of my favorites. Yours is looking marvelous!

Dawn said...

Lovely! The house will be filled in before you know it.
Pretty Colors.

Merry Wind Farm said...

Hi, Lanie, I just love your stone house...I need to stitch another Scottish house sampler :)

Melinda

Nicola said...

Fall is definitely the time to get your needles flying. Marion is certainly coming on well. Thank you for sharing.