Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Wednesday, 16 October 2013

Elizabeth Harborne - stitch direction, briefly

I did not think that my last posts would generate such interest. 
Just a quick post on stitch direction - I promise to take the time to discuss this in greater detail a bit later this year.  For now, here is a picture of E. Harborne - check out how the direction of the satin stitches at the base of the small flowers affects the flow of the piece... it does matter ...
I discuss this a bit more with a few more pictures on my blog for those of you who are interested and hope that I am not boring too many of you... please forgive me if I am ... I know I am nuts!;)
Elizabeth Harborne - Stitch direction
The Song of my Needle


http://thesongofmyneedle.blogspot.com
 

No comments: