Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Wednesday, 23 October 2013

Four Seasons update

Hello everyone,

It has been a month since my last post. I've made no progress on the Lady & the Castle (there have been other things to do during weekend daylight hours), but I have done a bit more on Four Seasons:

(This is a scan. It doesn't photograph well in gloomy weather.)

The green fabric is surprisingly easy to work on. And doing cross-stitch over 2 on 25 count is a real treat after doing so much tent stitch on 35 count. There is a bit of improvisation on the windows because I used the wrong color green to fill them in.

It is hard to believe that it is almost the end of October. The year has gone very quickly, but I see that there are now 110(!) finishes in the gallery. I'm hoping to add Four Seasons by the end of this year and Lady and the Castle next year. Thank you once again Nicola for working out a way for the group to continue.


9 comments:

Jenny said...

Four Seasons is looking lovely. I have always been interested in this sampler because of the green linen.....another one to add to my wish list :)

Krista said...

Looks fantastic! This is another one of my faves. I will enjoy watching your progress!

Theresa said...

This is pretty and you have lots of stitching done already!
I have never stitched on green fabric...will have to look at this
one on the scarlet letter site!

Debbie Bauer said...

I am very interested in this sampler. Looking forward to your posts on its progress. Got to love that green fabric!

Scarlet Letter said...

The dark green linen was matched to linsey-woolsey used on New Hampshire, Maine and northern Massachusetts samplers made in the late 18th and early 19th century. I have a good supply available. Stitching with bright color on dark linen is very exciting and rewarding. Now, excuse me because I have a new baby to spoil! Hanover produced another daughter about six hours ago!

Cindy L said...

I am so glad to read that you are enjoying the green fabric. I have a good size piece of it from a SL grab bag and want to work one of the samplers on it. It is nice to have another project to alternate with when doing all that over one. I look forward to more updates.

Bethany said...

Mom has this one finished and I know you are really going to enjoy stitching the bottom of this sampler. She sure is a beauty.....

brod'attitude said...

The color of your fabric is very interessting. Good choice

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

I loved working on my Four Seasons.

Erica, your sampler is looking fabulous.