Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Sunday, 27 October 2013

Hannah Carter


Hanna Carter is born!!! I got my millineum frame and needleneeds floor stand so I now have something large enough for her.  I am using the silk threads from The Scarlet Letter on 30 count linen one over one.  It is beautiful coverage but I almost wish I was working over one 40 count as the Huntsman went fairly quickly using the tent stitch!  I am very excited to watch another beautiful sampler come to life and have enjoyed watching ALL the samplers on these blogs :)

6 comments:

Erica near Chicago said...

I've spent a fair amount of time looking at this one and very much look forward to following your progress.

Sabrina Fechtel said...

I am excited to see what it will look like :). I may take out that scary looking flying bug next to her!!! I think it looks like everyone who looks at it would ask what is that?? If anyone reading this has seen it in person please give their opinion!

Nicola said...

I hope you are pleased with your frame and stand, if you have any queries I am always here to help.

I am also excited to see Miss Carter being stitched. She is a sampler that I very much admire and is on my to stitch list.

Lanie said...

Ahhhh, I will be following your progress posts with great interest! Miss Hannah has been on my "must stitch" list since the first time I saw her. Right now a few others are ahead of her, but I have a feeling that may change as I see your progress!

Cindy L said...

I admire those who stitch a whole sampler over one! Such a lovely start, can't wait to see your progress. Enjoy your new frame!

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Hannah Carter looks marvelous!
What a great bird on her.

I have been having a great time with my new frame as well. I recently ordered more parts. I have the Aristo table stand that I like, however I must place a heavy book on the base to keep her from moving around. I must improve my posture, I guess.