Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Monday, 7 October 2013

Jane Atkinson finish


 So happy to have finished Jane Atkinson.  Did you hear my cries of delight on Saturday?
Stitched with AVAS silk on 40 ct linen in kit

 Love the tree

Why do I always save the over one lettering for last?

The flowers in the border are great , the one on the right is one of my favorites



Critters
The happy couple.  Apologies that they are sideways, I could not get the picture to rotate.  Not sure I like the faces done in satin stitch.

This piece took much longer than I thought it would, but I greatly enjoyed it, well, all except for the over one lettering.

Next up is, WCEG, a sweet Scottish sampler done mostly in greens and reds.

I am so glad to hear that the plans are to continue with this blog.  I could easily go another year just working on Scarlet Letter pieces I have already started.

Kim Hummel












17 comments:

Melissa said...

Beautiful! Congratulations! I love this sampler!

Sharon H said...

Gorgeous sampler! Wonderful stitching.

Loraine said...

Fabulous finish! I love it.

Nicola Parkman said...

BEAUTIFUL - well done on a stunning finish Kim. Love your next choice.

Lanie said...

Beautifully done, Kim! This is an amazing sampler ... congratulations!

Mary said...

Congratulations on a magnificent finish! A start on this one is the next up for me,

Jenny said...

Your Jane is just stunning Kim. Congratulations on a beautiful finish.

Merry Wind Farm said...

Just beautiful!!! I'm sure you are so proud, as you should be.
Melinda

Jonette said...

Congratulations! This is beautiful!

JoAnn said...

Kim, your Jane is beautiful and I think the satin stitched faces really look nice, but what I liked most of all, Eve was on the left side of the tree and Adam on the right. In most samplers their positions are reversed. It was nice to see a different view.

Bethany said...

Kim,
My mom is the last JoAnn. She has this sampler in her stash, but the way the chart was, she didn't think she could tackle it. Did you have any trouble figuring the stitch placement and if you did, do you have any suggestions. I don't know if mom will ever do this sampler, but I might.

Erica near Chicago said...

Wonderful! Thank you for the detailed photos.

Kim Hummel said...

Bethany, I didn't have any problems with the chart. It was all plain cross stitch, with all the lettering being over one, and the faces in horizontal satin. It is just a lot of stitching given the size. That is great that you share your love of stitching with your mom.

Krista said...

Beautiful finish! Thank you for showing us all the details!

Cindy L said...

Kim, congratulations on finishing such a gorgeous sampler. I love the border on this one.

Debbie Bauer said...

Love it! Absolutely gorgeous!

Pamela said...

So that's what all the noise was on Saturday! - thanks for clearing that up. :) Really, really beautiful, Kim! A real treasure.