Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Monday, 21 October 2013

Introducing The Parrot. . .


And a snake.

Here is where I was on PLL a few weeks ago:

 
And here is where I was as of last night:
 
40 count, Ant white Newcastle linen
over 2 with AVAS
 
The parrot has appeared.  As has the snake.  And various flowers, leaves, branches and grasses.  And part of one paw of the lion.  Actually, although you can't really tell from the photo, there are four colors represented:  black, dark brown, dark blue-green, and dark blue.  It's even hard to tell them apart up close.
 
I thought I'd get bored just outlining, but this piece has been really fun to do.  And I can't wait to see how the flowers literally bloom with color.
 
Happy stitching.
 
Sharon H.


8 comments:

Krista said...

Great progress! Looking forward to you coloring in the picture!

Lanie said...

Oh my ... you have made great progress! This really does look like fun to watch all the characters grow with your needle and fibers! And then when you start to fill in with those beautiful colors ... oooh la la!

Nicola said...

You have made wonderful progress, well done. Thank you for sharing.

Elizabeth said...

It's looking good. I am sure you will really enjoy putting all the colours in.

Margotatau said...

This sampler looks like so much fun. You are progressing really well.

Cindy L said...

I am amazed at your determination to get the outlining done first. I would be so tempted to add some color. It does look like such fun.

Bethany said...

Think of how easy filling in is going to be, with everything outlined. I'll bet you are looking forward to coloring it all in....... That is when it will really come to life.

Erica near Chicago said...

Very nice. You've made a lot of progress.