Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Thursday, 7 November 2013

Eunice Birchard

Hello everyone,

    I just wanted to give a photo update on Eunice. I took this photo after the rice stitch alphabet was completed.


    I've been able to have more stitching time in the last week and might be able to do the over one since it is a cool sunny day. I belong to a  stitch group of  8 friends that meet usually the last Friday of the month at someone's home for a few hours in the evening. We are 55-70(??) years old, single, married (some with and some without children). Two still work full time (nurse and librarian), a needlework finisher, homemaker, two retired needlework shop owners, and two retired teachers. All but one was able to visit SL in the 90's with our guild but only 2 of us are in Nicola's SL year.
It is fun to get together and see what each other is working on , see their new "stash" and catch up with each others lives. One of the ladies had foot surgery so I've tried to visit a couple times in the evening to keep her company and have more stitching time. So I am further along than this photo and will update when finished.

Question: Marsha do you or anyone know what the initials RT are in the bottom right corner of this sampler?

Cindy
xxx

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Eunice is looking just lovely.....how special to be a part of a wonderful stitching group! Enjoy your stitching time!

Lanie said...

Oh I love sweet Eunice .... and Cindy your rice stitches look perfect! I always like using that stitch for large alphabets.
And how envious am I of your stitching group?!?! I would so love to be involved with one.

Krista said...

Love your progress, the colors on this are so pretty! Rice stitches are my favorite specialty stitch, great texture!

Bethany said...

It's nice to get together with a group of people that love the same thing we all do. I'll have to wait for my trips to Ohio and just be happy I am in Nicola's SLY and live through all of you..... Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question

Nicola said...

A close group of stitching friends must be wonderful to participate in.

Your stitching on Eunice is exquisite Cindy.