Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Friday, 1 November 2013

Marion Robertson 1834 Update

Hi everyone!

Oh my goodness, I didn't realize until just now that I had not posted any updates during the month of October ... I don't know what happened?!?!

But I have been stitching and as a result I do believe my time with Miss Marion Robertson is soon coming to an end! Here is how she is looking as of the end of October ....

 


Definitely hoping for a November finish. 'Marion' has been a delight, but as you all well know, there is a basket full of other projects waiting to be stitched!

I want to share this photo with you. We have had a glorious Fall here in western Pennsylvania, USA. I am always sad to see the summer weather take a leave, but earlier this week I looked out my kitchen window at this lovely sight.
 

I don't think my photo does justice to how brilliant the yellows, oranges, and reds looked in the sunshine. And as I was enjoying and remembering to be thankful for this beauty, I did say to myself "ok, today is not the day to be 'Miss Cranky Pants' about the cooler weather"!

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Lanie

10 comments:

Jenny said...

Hi Lanie,
Marion is looking just lovely. Oh how I love this sampler! You are stitching her just beautifully. Besides the house of course....I love the peacocks in this sampler...they always make me smile :) Your Fall picture is lovely as well. Where I live in California the seasons are not as dramatic as they were when I lived in the Mid-West and I really miss that....I always loved Fall the best with the changing of the leaves. Thank-you for sharing some of your Fall with us :) Here is to a finish soon for you, it looks like you are getting close.

Krista said...

Wonderful progress, Lanie!! You are so very close to the finish. Love all the detail photos. Sweet peacock bird. The fall colors are beautiful. We have had some nice color here in the Northeast, better than the last few years.

Merry Wind Farm said...

Hi, Lanie,
Beautiful work and you are really close to the end :) I have always loved Marion, I love Scottish house samplers, they are my favorite. The view out your window is magnificent, you sure can't be cranky when looking at that!
Melinda

Cindy L said...

Hi Lanie,

Your Miss Marion is so beautiful, love the colors and details. The photo on the SL site just does not do it justice. I'm with you on loving the fall colors but not looking forward to the colder temps.

Angie Burrett said...

Such a beautiful sampler Lanie, and such a great autumn view. Not too many stitches to go now! x

Cheri said...

Your Marion is coming along beautifully. Our trees that turn red here in Nebraska are especially beautiful also this year.

Bethany said...

Thank you for the close ups, this is a lovely sampler and by the looks, almost finished.

Nicola said...

What a beautiful tree to look out at. The colours must inspire you.

The next time Miss Robertson appears she must surely be a finish and a gorgeous one at that.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Beautiful work.
Marion is will be finished in no time.

Kevin said...

Ok, this is another MUST HAVE for my sampler stash!! What a beautiful job you've done so far. I love the house (huge weakness for samplers with houses!) and that varying green lawn, and the peacocks, etc etc. I love it all! Keep up the great job.