Well, here she is ....
MARION ROBERTSON 1834
|Marion Robertson 1834|
Fabric: 40 count 'Sandstone' Linen from The Scarlet Letter
Completed: November 15, 2013
Miss Marion was delightful to stitch ... I thoroughly enjoyed my time with her. Except for the one trip I made to "Crazy-Town", but that was my doing not hers.
I don't think we need to get into all the ugly details, just don't look too closely at the area where I have the years stitched or you may see remnants left by the eyelet initials I frogged, or the over one stitching of our names that I frogged, or the five spaces where I shifted the years to the left and right ... like I said, there's no need to mention the ugly details! I just did not like any of the options I tried to stitch our names/initials/dates. So I finally settled for just stitching the years. When she returns from the framer, I will mark both Marion's and my names on the backside along with our family names that are represented by the initials in the four corners.
As with most of my stitching, my Marion is not a true reproduction ... I did make some adjustments to a few of the motifs, but the fiber colors are true to those charted.
I'll get her mailed to the framer tomorrow. I was hoping to have her returned by the holidays, but I may already be too late for that ... we'll see!
Lots of great stitching is happening out there ... love seeing all the beautiful projects! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!