Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Friday, 15 November 2013

Marion Robertson 1834

Hello my SLY friends!

Well, here she is ....
MARION ROBERTSON 1834
 
Marion Robertson 1834
Fabric:  40 count 'Sandstone' Linen from The Scarlet Letter
Fibers:  AVAS
Completed:  November 15, 2013


 

 

 
 
Miss Marion was delightful to stitch ... I thoroughly enjoyed my time with her. Except for the one trip I made to "Crazy-Town", but that was my doing not hers.
 
I don't think we need to get into all the ugly details, just don't look too closely at the area where I have the years stitched or you may see remnants left by the eyelet initials I frogged, or the over one stitching of our names that I frogged, or the five spaces where I shifted the years to the left and right ... like I said, there's no need to mention the ugly details! I just did not like any of the options I tried to stitch our names/initials/dates. So I finally settled for just stitching the years. When she returns from the framer, I will mark both Marion's and my names on the backside along with our family names that are represented by the initials in the four corners.
 
As with most of my stitching, my Marion is not a true reproduction ... I did make some adjustments to a few of the motifs, but the fiber colors are true to those charted.
 
I'll get her mailed to the framer tomorrow. I was hoping to have her returned by the holidays, but I may already be too late for that ... we'll see!
 
Lots of great stitching is happening out there ... love seeing all the beautiful projects! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
 
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Lanie

18 comments:

Jonette said...

Congratulations on a beautiful finish!

Jonette said...

Congratulations on a beautiful finish!

Cindy L said...

Congratulations, Lanie!! She is a beauty. The colors look so crisp and I love the way you personalized it. Keeping fingers crossed that you get her back for the holidays!

Kaisievic said...

Lanie, she is stunning! Well done!

Krista said...

Congrats, Lanie!! A beautiful finish!

llknbillburg said...

This is so pretty and since Robertson is my paternal grandmother's maiden name, it is near to my heart. Your finish is beautiful and I can't wait to see what is coming next! Laura

DonnaSews said...

just beautiful. I completed this sampler also and it is one of my favorites. Enjoy!

~mj~ said...

This is a gorgeous sampler, and your stitching is lovely!! LOL at "trip to crazy town"!!!!

:D

Bethany said...

I think we all "trip to crazy town" more than you know..... Lovely finish and I am looking forward to seeing what frame your framer picks. What's next?

Lelia said...

Congrats!

Elizabeth said...

This is beautiful.

Jenny said...

Oh Lanie Miss Marion is just beautiful! When I was on my quest for Matilda I fell in love with Marion too and she was my next choice. Now after seeing your finish I know I will have to stitch her too. She is just lovely...I love the colors, the house, the motifs....everything about her....you did a lovely job. I especially love how you added both her date of completion and yours. I may have to start that too. Congratulations on a stunning finish!

pat said...

Congratulations---It is very pretty!

Faye said...

Stunning!!!! Way to go~~

Kielrain said...

Great job. I love the colours!

Theresa said...

Congratulations! this is so beautiful
and the linen makes those colors pop!

you must be so proud on such a lovely
finish : )

Nicola said...

HURRAY !! Well done Lanie, you must be so pleased. She is an absolute beauty,

Kevin said...

Congratulations! That really is beautiful! Think I just might need to add this to my growing list here!!