Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Monday, 4 November 2013

Matilda Ann Charles is Framed

Hello Everyone! 

I wanted to share a picture with you of Matilda Ann Charles in her frame. Actually she has been framed for awhile and hanging in my living room but time has gotten away from me...LOL...
I just love how she turned out and  she makes me smile whenever I look at her. Some good friends of ours came for a visit a couple of weeks ago and my dear friend could not believe all those tiny X's. She just kept walking around looking at my samplers....since stitching a sampler is to me like breathing air is to others I just had to laugh.....and to pick up my needle and floss. She kept asking me how I get so much done....actually I am a slow stitcher compared to some of you out there :) ....but I just smiled and replied..."one little x at a time."


I have been busy, just not on a SL sampler. I have finished some gifts and have been working on another sampler that I have wanted to finish for awhile. I am so excited however.....my daughter...who loves to ride horses, play soccer, swim, make the most awesome jewelry and anything that has to do with the ocean....wanted to learn how to crochet a granny square afghan. We have been working together on her afghan....she crochets all the squares and I sew the squares into rows....and yesterday we finished 120 squares.....she will finish the border and will soon have her afghan. I have so treasured this time with her :).

So I will start stitching another SL sampler very soon, but in the meantime I enjoy seeing all of the beautiful samplers that are being created here on these blogs. You all are so awesome!

I also wanted to say thank-you for all the wonderful comments you left on my last post about Matilda. Writing the poem was fun and I came up with it while putting in her final stitches. 

Happy Stitching Everyone!


Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern; it will come out a rose by and by.  Life is like that - one stitch at a time taken patiently and the pattern will come out all right like the embroidery.  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

~Jenny~

13 comments:

Jonette said...

Beautiful!!! Congratulations!

Krista said...

Matilda looks gorgeous in her pretty frame! Love that sweet quote, thank you for sharing!

Lanie said...

Oh, Jenny your Miss Matilda is so lovely framed. And what a nice Fall setting for her portrait!
How wonderful that you and your daughter have her afghan to work on together ... I'm sure she will treasure it always!

Melissa said...

Beautifully framed. Now you can enjoy her every day!

Elizabeth said...

Matilida is beautiful and I love the saying too.

Chris said...

Gorgeous finish Jenny! How wonderful that your daughter is crocheting with you.

Silkstitcher - Kay Lynn said...

Your Matilda is so very gorgeous! Only a cross stitcher appreciates the comments of a non-cross stitcher . We know that a sampler, whether very large or a miniature, is accomplished the very same way - one small cross at a time! I'm anxious to see your new start. Hope you show us very soon. Keep up the "little crosses"!

Cheri said...

A beautiful finish!

Bethany said...

I love your post. Fall is such a lovely time of year and this year it was just full of wonderful colors. Your Matilda is gorgeous, your friend should be in Awe, we all are, when we see a wonderful sampler completed....

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Thank you for an enjoyable post.

Your Matilda is gorgeous!
Congratulations on a beautiful finish.

Nicola said...

Spot on choice of frame Jenny. She is a beauty.
How wonderful to have such quality time with your daughter. I am afraid in was all muddy rugby boots and fishing rods - the joys of sons !!

Cindy L said...

Jenny, your Matilda looks so lovely in her frame. I've had the same response from non-stitchers, they have thought my samplers were paintings. Enjoy crafting with your daughter!

Kevin said...

That is gorgeous! The colors are magnificent, and your framing is beautiful. Congratulations on your superb finish!