Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Monday, 11 November 2013

The Real Sarah Limah!

Ok this still isn't the BEST photo, but you get some idea of where I am on Sarah!

Michael (my son.  forgot to say who that kid was in the last post!) looked at my computer and he said, "ummm.  Mom?  you need something different...your pictures are in such-and-such computer language" (and I tried to look very intelligent and like I knew what he meant.)

"Is it ok if I change your computer to xxxx-computer language so you can download photos easier?" 

(me.  OF COURSE it's OK! and I don't think my trying-to-look-like-I-know-what-he-meant worked, either. sigh.)

So, he did (make the changes).  And then I tried to use it.  And I couldn't.

 BUT!  After a couple more days I.figured.it.out!! (see. being 50-something isn't so bad.)  : )

But, still am figuring out this resizing stuff...


anyway that was a long story (but, it's getting mid-November and rainy and cold and what else is there to do besides read stitching blogs? 

btw aren't those interviews awesome?? : )  I just read about Sampler Annie.  Man.  Someday that will be ME! (maybe.)

I am enjoying stitching Sarah and she is keeping me sane (more or less.  You could probably already tell that by this entry, that I haven't stitched in a couple of days.  : )

and I want to tell everyone Happy Veteran's Day...and how thankful I am for the servicemen everywhere around the world, serving their countries and loved ones.


This is my dad.  He served in Italy in WW2.  He earned a purple heart when his plane went down and only two crewmen made it out (he was one of them).  I miss him very much and am very thankful that we will have eternity someday to catch up.

I want to update you with one more thing since the girls are driving HOME from Kentucky even.as.we.speak (I wish they would quit sending those texts though that say "WHEEEE!  boy these 70mph highways are FUN!"  sigh).


Here is Debra with her ribbon...her team came in 4th overall,  (NY! YAY!  GO NY!) and Debra came in 8th individual in the Eastern Nationals (4 teams, with over 100 girls playing!)  We are amazed and humbly blessed that she was able to place in the top ten (boy, those Southern states are hard to beat with the horse programs!  they are tops!  : )

(and, I am sorry I keep posting on family but there is a good reason -- I lost three brothers growing up (two from car accidents and one from illness), and now family is very precious to me! and I so enjoy reading about people's lives in their blogs...

I hope that all of you are getting time to do some stitching and enjoying this late Fall!  (I promise not to be so long-winded next time! and, to have better photos.)
Theresa

5 comments:

Krista said...

Your Sarah Limah is looking beautiful, love all the soft colors! Looks like a real fun stitch!

What a great photo of your Dad. My Dad was in the Air Force but unfortunately I do not have a photo of him in uniform. A big Congrats to Debra!!

donnacrafts said...

Sarah Limah is very elegant. I love the colors and your work is outstanding. Thank you so much for posting.

Debbie Bauer said...

Theresa I loved your post. Family really are precious and make us who we are. Your Sarah Limah is looking beautiful.

Bethany said...

Sarah is coming along nicely. Thank you for also sharing some family with all of us.

Nicola said...

I love reading your posts so keep them coming.

The "Purple Heart" how proud you must be of your Father and of course your beautiful girls.

I used to worry so much about Chris when he started to drive then I realised he is a much better driver than I. LOL !!