Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Monday, 9 December 2013

Four Seasons

Hello everyone,

We finally have a digital camera, and so no more scans and no more holding fabric up in front of the computer's camera to get pictures. I do need time to experiment with focus and lighting -- perhaps over the holidays.

Here is the current state of Four Seasons.





I'm trying to do the cross-stitch first. The silk thread sometimes becomes fuzzy -- a combination (I think) of the texture of the green fabric and my cutting my threads a bit too long.

This was started as a break from "Lady and the Castle" which Nicola used as day 1 on her Advent Calendar. I'm beginning to miss the lady and all of the tent stitch over one.  Perhaps after the new year. I would like to see it finished in 2014.  All of the recent finishes are very inspiring.

9 comments:

Krista said...

Great progress, Erica! This is one of my favorite designs.

Debbie Bauer said...

This sampler caught my eye on several of the walls of our interviewed stitchers. It really is a beautiful piece.
Your coming along beautifully and I most certainly will be watching for you posts on your progress.

EvalinaMaria said...

Your fabric looks fabulous, what is it?

Erica near Chicago said...

Thank you for the comments. EvalinaMaria, it is the fabric from the kit. It seems to be available on the SL website. Look for "25 Count Dark Green Evenweave Linen"

Theresa said...

Wow a LOT of solid stitching! you've done so much already!
Heard Chicago had a snowstorm... maybe
that helps with more stitching time at least!
Am very impressed with this sampler!

Cindy L said...

Erica, I am so glad to see you working on this green fabric. I have a good size piece from my SL scrap bag and wonder what you think of stitching on it. I like seeing your updates on both this piece and your Lady.

Cheri said...

Wow, very pretty.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Looks great!

Bethany said...

Two big projects at one time. I don't know how everyone does this. I have trouble doing one sampler at a time.