Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Monday, 30 December 2013

Margret Gatis - Day 2

Continued to think and work on Margret Gatis ... the central flower of Band 5 intrigued me and I needed to work on something that would keep my thoughts occupied and focused so I decided to skip down to it yesterday.  Here is the progress so far :

Margret Gatis - Day 2/Band 5
The Song of my Needle

The stitch direction on this and some of the color choices here are my interpretation - wish I could study the original sampler.

You can find more details on this band, framing up and about stitching plans for 2014  as always on : www.thesongofmyneedle.blogspot.com

mj - I wonder which band you were referring to in your comment on my last post?
Looking forward to working on this together!

8 comments:

Bethany said...

What a beautiful flower. I am sure you and MJ will enjoy working together on this one.

~mj~ said...

This is the band I was referring to!! The red flower you have just completed...the stitch direction is driving me nuts! I am trying to work the satin stitches in the shortest possible direction,which means trying to stitch around thecurves smoothly. I have to get Margret back out this week and try it again. How did you cope with the curves? I can`t quite tell from your pic... :)

Nupur said...

mj,
Did you check the photos on my blog? Do they help along with the narrative? If not, I can post other ones along with some sketches...let me know

Joanne O'H said...

Your stitching is looking amazing! Please keep the photos coming.

Margotatau said...

That flower is fabulous. Can't wait to see more

Cindy L said...

Beautiful flower!

Maria del Valle said...

It looks so beautiful!!!

Tommye said...

Lovely work. This piece is an exercise in patience and persistence. Enjoy.