Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Tuesday, 17 December 2013

No Stitching ... but Christmas Wishes!

Hi everyone!

So yesterday as I was rushing home from my weekly volunteering, I made a quick stop at my dad's favorite local chocolate shop to purchase a box of chocolate covered cherries he loves. I hadn't taken more than 6-8 steps outside the shop when I stepped on a random patch of ice that in my hurry I did not notice and down I went hard on my behind ... *ouch**ouch**double-ouch*! Both feet just went out from under me and suddenly there I was on my bum with my handbag, my car keys and the chocolates scattered around me.

I'm fine ... walking around a little tenderly today, but it's nothing that a few extra doses of ibuprofen won't help ... except that somehow I also injured my middle finger ... on my stitching hand! I don't know what happened ... but it hurts like the dickens, it's black and blue, it's swollen about 1-1/2 times its' normal size, it's not working properly ... I can't hold my stitching needle!!!!

With all the last minute shopping, baking, wrapping, and preparing that happens the week before Christmas, putting my stitching aside for a few days would normally not concern me, but right now it's a problem because I still haven't finished the Christmas gift I am stitching for my sister ... aarrrgghh!!! I'm praying that tomorrow I'll at least be able to hold a needle and muddle my way through.

Oh dear, dear, dear ... that's about all I can say at this point ... I'd like to say a few other not-so-pretty  words but that won't get me anywhere, now will it ... besides I said them all last night!!!

So listen friends, be careful out there! Don't be so busy and preoccupied with errands that still need to be finished that you don't pay attention to the random patches of ice!

If I don't get a chance for another post before next week, I wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and many blessings in the New Year. You all have certainly blessed and inspired me this year with your talents, your encouragement, your kindness, your friendship.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Lanie

12 comments:

Nicola said...

Oh Lanie this is the week for falls. Have you broken your finger ?

Joanne O'H said...

Poor you! I was also going to suggest you had your finger checked in case it was broken. I hope you manage to have a wonderful Christmas anyway.

normajean53 said...

So sorry. Please get it xrayed. I fell and chipped a knuckle. Not much to be done but they had a nice rub to help with the pain and swelling. Take care and Merry Christmas.

Krista said...

Oh no, Lanie! Hope your finger is feeling better soon and you can get back to stitching!

Bethany said...

Lanie, Sounds like you might be a little upside down..... I always worry about my mom being up in the northeast, but can't get her to move to the sunny south. What's a daughter to do...... Hope you feel better soon.

Cindy L said...

Lanie, I hope you feel better soon! I agree with an xray to be safe that it heals correctly. Have a Merry Christmas!

Theresa said...

Oh Lanie, of all times for this to
happen for you, I am so sorry!
my husband fell on ice one year (I was due for a baby that year)
and broke his ankle.
We were both in the hospital
that year (me having the baby,
him with a cast being put on).
Hope your finger gets better
FAST.

Laura said...

Lanie
I'm so sorry, I hope better very fast

Jenny said...

Oh Lanie, I hope you are feeling better soon and are able to hold a needle. Oh I remember that good old ice well....always there to surprise us. Take care of that finger and of yourself and I hope you have a very Merry Christmas.

Aileen said...

Oh dear! Lanie,
Look what it took to slow you down!! Take care of yourself and mend well
...sending virtual hugs..

~mj~ said...

Oh Lanie, I feel your pain...I badly sprained my finger in a fall and it took weeks to heal, and never did get back to normal. Please get an xray, it sounds like something is broken. (((hugs)))

Vera said...

So sorry Lanie! Yes, please get an x-ray. Take care and best wishes for a very speedy recovery...and the Happiest of Holidays to you.