Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Thursday, 12 December 2013

Plugging along with Sarah Limah!



Hello everyone!  how is your December going?

Well it's a long story but my camera was 'lost' in Kentucky Horse Park...so this picture was taken once again with Michael's help while we await a replacement. 

I started the lower bands on Sarah Limah.  The satin stitches were not lying flat and it wasn't until I read the recent post with Barbara's tips that I realized I can.do.this.thing.  !!  (everyone ELSE seems to get THEIR satin stitches to look exquisitely perfect! sigh.) 

So I am anxious to get going and try Barbara's method (thanks!)

However I am finding the colors in this sampler so lovely and really enjoying this...even though half of the kids came down with chicken pox over Thanksgiving (yes, it really happened!) So our month has been interesting to say the least!

Stitching keeps me sane (my hubby says, "ummm...I don't think it's working."  : )  : )  (just for that I think he owes me six or seven new Scarlett Letter sampler charts for Christmas! or maybe ten or twelve.   : )  Don't you agree?)

hope all of you are keeping well (we are getting more lake effect today.)  Merry Christmas!

10 comments:

Erica near Chicago said...

Wasn't it helpful to see the satin stitch post? Of course you can do them. It was fun to compare your photo with the closeup photo of the original on the SL website. I look forward to following your progress.

Krista said...

Your progress looks fantastic! I had to go back to the SL site to see what the whole design looks like. Every time I see progress photos on this blog I fall in love with more designs.

Debbie Bauer said...

Theresa your Sarah is coming along very nicely. Your work is beautiful.
I agree Santa better deliver a few S/L charts! LOL

Chris said...

It is a lovey sampler! The colors are so pretty!
Merry Christmas!

Bethany said...

Merry Christmas to you and may all your wishes come true. Marsha is probably going to have a very busy Christmas, filling all the orders. Sarah is coming along great.....

Cindy L said...

I agree with you that stitching keeps us sane! Your sampler is beautiful and making wonderful progress. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Jonette said...

Beautiful! My husband calls my stitching my meditation time. I do find that it calms me.

Cheri said...

Very pretty!

Nicola said...

Hi Teresa - did you receive my email?

Theresa said...

Thanks so much for the comments everyone...
I am certainly not the veteran stitcher all of you are,
but I am learning! : )
(PS Hi Nicola, I am sorry have
not been checking that email account lately! just wrote you!)
Theresa