Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Monday, 6 January 2014

A Little more Sarah and Happy New Year

Hello everyone!  2014 came in with a bang for me, as I came down with a fluey virus thing the day after Christmas and on New Year's Day I was in bed until 3:30 pm recovering and just getting the energy to face the new Year!


My newlywed daughter and son-in-law came for dinner on New Year's day and thankfully my other two daughters cooked us a nice meal.  I got up, took a shower, and was ready to face 2014. (and boy how wonderful it felt to feel 'normal' again!  I don't wish this fluey thing on anyone!  not fun).  But, it seems to be the time of year for that as several of our acquaintances report episodes of it also.

Anyway between the busy-ness of celebrating Christmas and the illness, I didn't get a lot done on Sarah Limah.



  However I really am close to a finish, as I stitch the remainder rows on this sampler.  It really is a pretty one and I think this young lady loved her colors  : )


I am loving seeing all the photos on this blog and the gallery is amazing!  So inspiring.  When I was in the throes of being ill, I would get on my mini computer and browse the gallery.  What fun and so uplifting to think on what to stitch next!

here is a somewhat slanted photo, sorry about that!



I hope everyone's new year is going well and you are all staying warm!  Today we started out with a temperature of 42 and rain, and by noon it had dropped to 28 and snow  : )

happy Stitching,
Theresa

5 comments:

Nicola said...

So many have been ill over Christmas. a virus was my grandson's gift to me. I too enjoyed looking at the gallery when I was laid up.

Stay safe and warm.

Krista said...

Hope you feel better, Theresa! I too, have been sick from Christmas until now, no fun at all. Your Sarah sampler is GORGEOUS!! I hope all those colors are brightening your spirit. They make me think of Springtime :)

Maria del Valle said...

Hello Theresa
Happy new Year to you too!!
Your embroidery sampler looks very nice!

Bethany said...

Glad you on the mend and thank goodness for family. You piece is coming along great.....

Cindy L said...

Theresa, your sampler has such pretty colors! Glad to hear you are feeling better.