Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Wednesday, 15 January 2014

Appil Update

I'm back to regular stitching and hoping to get more accomplished on Appil.  I really didn't like the thread color for Adam and Eve's skin so after a consultation with experts at the local shop's stitch and b!tch I changed it.  I'm very pleased with the new color although I hadn't started filling in the bodies when I took the picture below.  It's a little eerie with their heads rolled over on the scroll bars!  I hadn't noticed that until now.  I'm enjoying the stitching and hope to have more to share before too long.  Thanks for the color consult KB and LC!

7 comments:

Jenny said...

This sampler always seems like such a " fun" stitch! I loved coloring books when I was little and for some reason I always think of that when I see this sampler. Yours is looking just lovely!

KB said...

Love this chart and yours is looking fantastic Lynn... Always glad to help with color consultations :) Can't wait to seeAdam and Eve stitched to see how it turns out!!

Faye said...

Your progress is wonderful! Having recently picked my Apppil up from the framers, I snicker every time I pass by it~

Theresa said...

Love this too. All that grass done already, and the colors are so pretty!

Vera said...

So funny - headless A&E!! Beautiful work and nice that the grass is all done. I found the solid stitching in one color on PLL to be a tad bit tiresome (but a wonderful result for sure).

Jane in Wisconsin said...

Very inspiring......I started this and a few other Scarlet Letter samplers last year. This makes me want to start on it again!

Nicola said...

Appil is certainly growing and looking good. Can't wait to see more.