Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Saturday, 25 January 2014

Elizabeth Harborne - Day 29 / Trellis stitch variations

I am a bit behind in my posts  - completed this band last Sunday as Bhooma and I corresponded about
the trellis stich.  I had suggested a few links and ideas - it can be a bit time consuming in the beginning and I had suggested that perhaps a combination of satin and trellis stitch may be a way to ease into it.
Anyway, I am going back and working all the raised stitches and bands that I had left unstitched on Elizabeth Harborne - interesting to note that these same bands had elements that had not appealed to me for various reasons....
For those of you who are interested, you can read and see much more about the trellis stitch and its variations, my choices and changes of color and stitch placement in this band below, on my blog.

Here is the band the way I chose to finish it - it is still a bit strange in my opinion but at least adding trellis stitch, queen/ rococo  stitch, some padding, bullions in various ways etc. made it a bit more fun to stitch.


Elizabeth Harborne - Day 29
www.thesongofmyneedle.blogspot.com

5 comments:

Krista said...

Nupur, all of your stitches are beautiful! This is a an amazing design unfolding band by band.

Kevin said...

Gorgeous sampler, and your stitching is perfection. I look forward to reading your post which explains "trellis stitch" and thank you for sharing this information.

llknbillburg said...

I too struggle with trellis stitch and the stitches you have chosen are very creative and beautiful! Laura

Bethany said...

I love that you decided to hop on board with the stitch. It really adds a lot of great detail to your sampler. I love the close ups on your blog, thank you. Absolutely stunning......

Maria del Valle said...

Its looks stunning, I love it!