Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Friday, 31 January 2014

Freelove Hazard Finished

Well when I joined Nicola's Scarlet Letter Year I never thought as a beginner in sampler stitching that I would complete TWO samplers in a year, but I have done it! Stitching Freelove has been fun, I just love the way this 10 year old threw in her numbers at the end of the text lines when there was room.

 

Freelove Hazard was stitched on tea dyed 25 count linen with DMC flosses. I received a new Scarlet Letter kit for Christmas from my sweet daughter. She choose it out herself and I don't believe I have seen anyone stitching it on the blogs. I was going to start it in a month or so to give me the chance to finish a couple other projects but we will see how long I can wait. Until then, happy stitching all!

Cheri

 

7 comments:

Erica near Chicago said...

Very nice. It reminds me of spring (which can't come soon enough). I wonder what the new kit could be?

Vera said...

This looks great -- congratulations! Yes, what is the new kit?

Debbie Bauer said...

I have always liked the sampler. You did an amazing job! Can't wait to see the sampler your daughter gifted you.

Jenny said...

Freelove always makes me smile. Congratulations on a wonderful finish! I will look forward to seeing your next start....how special that your daughter picked it out for you!

Lelia said...

congrats!!

Nicola said...

Well done Cheri, Freelove is such a charming sampler. I am so pleased you joined us, our group has been all the richer for seeing your two samplers journey.

I am looking forward to seeing your daughter's gift.

Samplers and quilting so together so well as hobbies.

Cindy L said...

Cheri, congratulations on your finish. I love the fabric you stitched this on.