Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Thursday, 2 January 2014

It has been too long . . . And a new start

The year 2013 flew by so very quickly!  It started with the saddest time of my life, but it was full of many tender and wonderful memories, too.

I was so thrilled to get started on Sarah Siddall and was making fairly good progress, but I was second-guessing my changes and losing all confidence that I had plotted my verse and other additions properly.  Too many things were going on at home and work to give it the time and mental energy I needed to.  So I stopped . . . then I couldn't get going again.  It has been too too too long.  She has come out of hiding.  This is where I left her several months ago:



 Believe it or not, I just spent 30 minutes trying to flip this picture over! It is upright on my computer image but keeps importing upside down. Sorry!  Here are a few more upside down close ups:


To get myself back on track, I started a new sampler for the new year.  Here is my start from the evening of 1/1/2014.  Mary Ann Michell on R&R Reproductions Espresso 40ct using called for AVAS.

At least she is not standing on her head!

Well, I have been a loyal reader but a lost stitcher.  I was so thrilled to learn this blog would continue!!!  Hope you all have plenty of time to enjoy your families and with needle and thread.

Rachel

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Hi Rachel,
That blue flower just called out to me...I love it! Mary Ann Mitchell has been on my wish list for awhile so I will definitely look forward to watching you stitch her. Sarah is looking lovely as well.

Theresa Born said...

Both samplers are very pretty! I have been eyeing Sarah Siddell for some time. Love those reds and blues!

Krista said...

Both projects look great! Sarah Sidall is one of my favorites and on my list to do too!

Sometimes with the pics I have to save it upside down on my computer then it will upload the right way, crazy!

Lanie said...

Rachel, love your "Sarah Siddell' and all her cheery reds!
Just took a closer look at 'Mary Ann' on the SL website ... oh my, my, my ... must add her to my wish list.
Look forward to following your progress on both of these 'lovelies'!!!

donnacrafts said...

This sampler is gorgeous. My finished Siddall sampler is handing up in my living room and I admire it daily. Of all the many samplers I have completed, this one is up there on the top. Enjoy the process.

Nicola said...

All so beautiful Rachel. The colours are stunning.

Cindy L said...

Such beautiful samplers! I have had Mary Ann on my list for a long time because of that beautiful floral border. I look forward to your progress. I understand the technology frustration but you photos are wonderful.