Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Saturday, 4 January 2014

Margret Gatis 1711 - Day 5

Spent today figuring out the sampler and I am glad I did...
Here is the progress to date...

Margret Gatis - Day4 - Some progress...
The Song of my Needle


I hope I did not discourage you with my last post ... this sampler is unusual in many ways and one has to get the hang of it... finally feel more comfortable with it.  It is actually most interesting  - more on
www.thesongofmyneedle.blogspot.com

Now perhaps I can tear myself away from it and start on my Japanese embroidery projects!

4 comments:

Bethany said...

I must say, this is a very interesting piece. It seems to go in many different places and I am sure has many different stitches. She sure is beautiful.

Nicola said...

Oooooooh !!! This sampler is constantly on my mind. Seeing your progress photos will help me so much when I stitch her.

Rachel F said...

I will never forget Tommye's MG. I had never seen anything like it, the variety of patterns and stitches, just stunning! So excited to see your MG's progress. I feel like you are speaking a foreign language in your wonderful explanations-but I am hoping to one day understand that language! Exquisite work on all your projects!

Tommye said...

Looking good! I'm not sure I ever 'figured it out', but I made it through. Frankly, I thought I'd pull my hair out a couple of times.

Keep up the good work.