Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Friday, 3 January 2014

Margret Gatis - Day 4

Today's stitching experience on this sampler was not a good one... ran into lots of discrepancies between the chart, the picture and the instructions ... I was hoping to just stitch and not think too much so sat down to continue working on this sampler.  Well, it was not to be - lots of stitching, reverse stitching, then thinking and figuring, and a bunch of hours later here is the result - not much progress to report... and it also proved that I need to follow my usual stitching routines and not just blindly follow the chart. 


Margret Gatis - Day 4 .... SLOW Progress (?)
The Song of my Needle 
 
 
To see more on the trials and tribulations and changes I made in stitch selection if you are interested go to : www.thesongofmyneedle.blogspot.com
 
Hope you all had a better stitching day/evening/night!

5 comments:

JoAnn said...

Nupur: It may not look like much to you (especially for the time spent), but you are making marvelous progress for all the problems you have encountered. Your stitching is exquisite and I'm looking fwd. to your next photo.

~mj~ said...

Yes, I agree with JoAnn, your progress is impressive!!...I am now having nervous fits about that band!! I am stitching on a Scottish sampler right now, but I have to get back to MG sooner or later...

Jane in Wisconsin said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Nupur! Frustrating as your stitching day was, you certainly have quite a bit done!

Tommye said...

I know exactly how you feel. That's why I laid it aside several times. But you're making amazing progress and it is gorgeous.

Persevere!! You'll get it done.

Jenny said...

It looks absolutely amazing to me!