Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Tuesday, 14 January 2014

Miss Marion Has Returned

Hello everyone!

Isn't it just the best day when your stitching returns home from the framers?!!!

My 'Marion Robertson' returned home today ...

 
Jill Rensel and her staff did a wonderful job, as usual ... and I am very pleased with the results!
 
In other news, progress on 'Sarah Harvey' has come to a standstill. When I started stitching her I thought she needed a little freshing up so I brightened a few of her colors. I looked at my progress over the weekend and thought ooohhh, no no ... too much!!!
 
So yesterday and today I've spent the day unstitching and trying other colors ... but nothing was really working. Finally about an hour ago I came to the realization that stitching her as originally charted was what suited her the best. Not sure what I was thinking ... I don't sound too crazy, do I?!!!
 
I'll be back next week ... or possibly later this week ... with some progress photos.
 
Lots of fabulous stitching out there ... I love reading all the posts!
 
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Lanie
 


10 comments:

Cindy L said...

WOW! Lanie, your Miss Marion looks gorgeous! I love that frame and it only enhances her beauty.

Krista said...

Wow, wonderful frame for Marion! Love the pretty etched pattern.

Debbie Bauer said...

'Marion Robertson' looks absolutely beautiful! I am in love with her frame.

Nicola said...

Perfect choice of frame. I wish there was someone like Jill in the UK.

Sorry about the colours on Sarah but if you didn't experiment you would have wondered each stitching session.

Jenny said...

What a wonderful choice for a frame, Lanie! Your Marion just looks beautiful. I love her.

No you are not crazy at all! It is good to experiment and decide what works best for you...after all with all the hours you put into a sampler it should be what makes you happy!

donnacrafts said...

The sampler is beautiful and your frame is just gorgeous. I finished this sampler too and my frame is just okay.. Yours is outstanding. Enjoy!!

Angie Burrett said...

Fabulous frame, wish we could get such detail on the frames in the UK. And such a fabulous piece, you must be thrilled Lanie and very proud x

Bethany said...

Very lovely frame choice. It really show's off your piece. Congratulations on a beautiful finish.

Vera said...

OMG this is gorgeous Lanie! Love, love the frame and your stitching is just wonderful.

Michele said...

With Nicola on that one. Beautiful frame and so unusual pity we don't have this in the UK