Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Monday, 24 February 2014

A Happy Birthday

First of all, Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes.  It has been a restful, relaxing day.

It's been a long time since I've posted, but I've been reading everyone's progress.  I had hoped to stitch a bit and post before Nicola's birthday (Happy belated!), but, well, that didn't happen.   My stitching's been derailed by a number of things, which I will not detail here, but since today was my birthday, I didn't have to work, and my family was out of town, I stayed in my pajamas and stitched ALLLL day long.  Happy Birthday to Me!

I haven't stitched much on PLL in the past few months, so today, I pulled it out and put in some dark green. 

Parrot, Leopard, Lion
40 ct Antique White linen
AVAS Silk


You can't really tell the dark green from the black or brown that was already there, but there are some new plants sprouting from the ground and the leopard is no longer levitating in the air.  Hopefully I will have some more dark green in (the flower taking up some of the white on the right side) and maybe a start of the lion in black before I retire for the evening, but I wanted to take a photo before the light left for the night.  Just looking at my calendar for tomorrow, my feet will have to hit the floor running in the morning and may not stop until after dark.  And I promise not to stay away for so long again.  I need to finish PLL.

Because, my sister called and apparently I'm getting one of Marsha's new releases for my birthday since my sister asked me "Do you like to stitch in silk or cotton?" after she wished me a happy birthday this morning.  Yippee!!  Let the stalking of the Postman begin . . .

Happy stitching,

Sharon H

9 comments:

EvalinaMaria said...

It is looking good!

EvalinaMaria said...

It is looking good!

Nicola said...

I am so pleased you have had a good birthday. I am going to have to get your sister to talk to my sisters about birthday pressies for stitchers :o))

Krista said...

You PLL looks wonderful, lots of coloring in to do! what fun! Glad you had a nice birthday. So sweet that you sister wants to get you a stitch-y gift!

Chris said...

This is looking great. Happy Belated Birthday!!

Debbie Bauer said...

Glad you had a great Birthday! I could use one of those p.j. days!LOL. Your PLL is coming along very nicely.

Bethany said...

Wow, the PLL is coming along, please don't put it down, we all love to watch the colors come to life..... Will you start your new sampler, before you finish this one? Wish I had a sister, but then if I would like anything, my mother's drawers are over flowing......

Jenny said...

I'm so glad you had a nice birthday stitching. I love to watch the progress of this sampler....the coloring in looks like so much fun.

Cindy L said...

Sounds like such a nice relaxing birthday! PLL looks really good and close to the fun coloring.