Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Saturday, 15 February 2014

Eliza Tagg

Here is my final finish in honor of Nicola's SL year:



I have been having such trouble uploading photos on blogger from my computer. I had to wait until after the hockey game to use my husband's computer. It's so frustrating, not sure what the problem has been.

I stitched this with the SL kit, 40 count linen and AVAS silks.  I stitched 7 vertical threads instead of 6 for the stepped lozenge sharing the bottom of last stitch with the top of the first stitch of the next "step". This just filled the 3x3 square better and made it easier to count.  Also be careful with the symbols. There is a capital "Y" which uses gold and a lower case "y" which uses dark coral. The graph follows the original photo and that's why Marsha states follow the graph and not the photo on the cover of the pattern. The sampler includes cross, over one, eyelet and satin.

I hope everyone is staying safe and warm with this crazy weather this winter. I hope to stay in, stitch and watch some Olympics!

XXX
Cindy














8 comments:

Erica near Chicago said...

A wonderful piece. Thank you for the stitching hints.

Jenny said...

Congratulations Cindy! Eliza is just beautiful.

donnacrafts said...

Beautiful sampler. I like that you made it your own. Will you have this one framed?

Bethany said...

Another great finish. Everyone's push to the finish is wonderful. Eliza is a beauty.

Lanie said...

Beautiful finish on your 'Eliza'! Congratulations Cindy ... she is lovely!

Nicola said...

A wonderful finish Cindy. This sampler really calls to me. Thank you for sharing her with us.

Stitch Wizard said...

Cindy your Eliza Tagg is just stunning!! So pretty and you must feel so happy at this gorgeous finish!!! The colors are very pretty as is your stitching too! :)

Maria del Valle said...

Congratulations on your finish!!