Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Thursday, 20 February 2014

Final check in for the year

Hello everyone,

So many wonderful pieces have been posted recently. Congratulations to all! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Nicola. It is very hard for me to believe that we've been stitching together for an entire year..

Here is my year in review:

one finish:

finish # 14

one continuing project:


and one new start that I am less than happy with:



The silk in Four Seasons continues to shred badly. I've tried using shorter lengths, making sure I stitch with the grain, even wadding up the fabric and rolling it around in my hands to soften it. Nothing seems to help.

I've told Jo that I would like to continue with the blog(s), but I'm aware that I've been very remiss about posting the past couple of months. If I can't do better soon, I'll make way for someone else.

These blogs were the best surprise of 2013. Thank you once again Nicola and Jo and everyone else who made them possible.


5 comments:

Vera said...

Your pieces look amazing Erica! Sorry Four Seasons is giving you so much trouble...frustrating when that happens (I do know that, unfortunately...).

Lanie said...

Beautiful pieces, Erica! I'm so happy you will continue with the SL group ... your stitching is an inspiration ... I always enjoy your progress posts

Jenny said...

Wonderful stitching Erica! I too enjoy your posts.....all these samplers are just beautiful!

Cindy L said...

Erica, you have been working on such beautiful pieces. I do look forward to your photo updates.

Maria del Valle said...

Beautiful pieces Erica!!