Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Wednesday, 12 February 2014

Jean Scrimgeowr is Finit!

I forgot to post here the other day when I finished JS.  I can't wait to frame her.  You'll notice that I signed it outside the visible margin.  So no one will be confused if they unframe it a hundred years from now.  
It's a relatively easy piece to stitch.  If you read my previous posts, you know to watch out for little anomalies in the border...and pretty much throughout the whole piece.  The verse and most of the lettering is a mix of cross stitch and elongated cross stitch.  I highly recommend this piece for those who love reproductions, but don't want to do a lot of specialty stitches.  

14 comments:

Nicola said...

I have greatly enjoyed watching your progress Tommye. Jean is definitely a sampler on my to stitch list. Thank you for sharing her and your journey with us.

Jenny said...

Congratulations on a beautiful finish Tommye! I too have enjoyed your posts about Jean. She really is a lovely sampler!

Krista said...

Congratulations, Tommye! She is beautiful! The red is so striking!

Chris said...

Beautiful finish Tommye! Love the bright colors of this sampler.

Vera said...

So pretty Tommye - congratulations on another beautiful finish!

Tommye said...

Thanks, all. The red is what caught my eye many years ago too. I can't believe this was in my stash for almost 20 years before I got around to stitching it!

Merry Wind Farm said...

Such a beautiful sampler, Tommye! Well done! Hope you will post another picture when it is framed.
Melinda

llknbillburg said...

Beautiful finish! And we're not really going to start talking about how long things have been in our stash are we??!! Laura

Cindy L said...

Congratulations on your beautiful finish! There is something special about seeing all the photos in progress, along the way, that bring these samplers to life.

Bethany said...

Thank you for sharing your journey. It has been a pleasure to watch your sampler come to life. So what is next?

Dawn said...

Fabulous finish. I love your idea of signing on the outer edge. I'm going to start doing that. Thank you!

Debbie Bauer said...

Absolutely lovely! I can't believe she was in your stash 20 yrs.! The red is striking.( I love red)

Erica near Chicago said...

Remarkable finish! I too love your idea for signing on the outer edge.

carolm said...

this was one of my favorites....