Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Wednesday, 26 February 2014

My New Start on Mary Bailey

Here is my new start on The Scarlet Letter's  Mary Bailey.  This is such a fun stitch already.  I changed a few of the colors as some of them were not showing up on my fabric.  The berries here are charted for a cream color so I changed them to gold for my sampler.  The blue around this flower in the border was a much lighter blue and didn't show up as well, so I am using Pacific Blue Gloriana silk thread.   I am using mostly DMC threads, but also a few silks.  The gold is a NPI silk.  This chart is just really amazing and has some things in it that you just don't usually see in reproduction samplers very often.  I am going to love stitching this one.  I am stitching Mary on 40 ct. Buttercream by Lakeside Linens.  Thank you to all who left me such wonderful and encouraging comments on my Elizabeth Sheffield!

8 comments:

Krista said...

A beautiful start! Love the red and gold. I always think of It's a Wonderful Life when I hear the name of this sampler :)

Bethany said...

I'll look forward to seeing your MB come to life. Elizabeth is truly one of my favorites, is she now hanging in a place of honor.......

Nicola said...

I am so pleased you chose Mary to stitch. I am going to enjoy every post. Please keep the photos coming.

Jenny said...

Lovely start!

Vera said...

Beautiful start. I couldn't remember this sampler so I checked it out on Marsha's site -- what a great sampler! I love the musicians at the bottom -- their outfits are great. Will look forward to your progress pictures.

Lanie said...

Hi Debby! Lovely start on your 'Mary Bailey' ... she does look like she will be great fun to stitch. Eventhough I am still working on my 'Sarah Harvey', I will be putting the first stitches in my 'MB' on March 1st as I had planned. I'll give myself that one day to stitch on her and then put her aside until Miss Sarah is finished.
You continue your beautiful stitching as you are my inspiration for Miss Mary! :) Interesting to see your fiber choices ... I've been debating back and forth on a few.

Tommye said...

Love it, Debby! Or maybe it's just your stitching is so perfect that I'm enthralled.

Can't wait to see more.

Cindy L said...

Debby, you've made such a beautiful start. Your color changes look wonderful. I do look forward on seeing your photo updates on this sampler.