Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Thursday, 20 February 2014

My Small Finish


I have not been much for posting this year, but I do have a small finish to contribute.  
I started ABCD 1817 at the first of the year. I couldn't decide on a lovely big sampler to work on, so this seemed like the perfect one to start while I decided.  Little did I know it would take me all year to finish!  It is not one of those projects you can just pick up and put a few stitches in. It took more concentration than that, and good lighting.  
 I changed the colors to NPI silks that I had on hand. It was stitched over one on a piece of 36 count mystery linen that I had in my stash. I added initials of stitching friends to the sampler.  
Now I have all the supplies for stitching Dorothy Walpole and I am excited to start her this year.  What a wealth of inspiration this site has been and a pleasure seeing all of the beautiful samplers stitched.  
Happy birthday Nicola!  You are amazing!

2 comments:

Nicola said...

A charming finish Loraine and the first for Our Scarlet Letter Years.

I love the frame you have chosen.

I look forward to seeing updates on Dorothy

Maria del Valle said...

Beautiful finish!!