Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Wednesday, 19 February 2014

Sarah Harvey Update

Well, my friends, this is it ... my last post for Nicola's Scarlet Letter Year ... how quickly the year went!
 
I thought just maybe I would have Sarah Harvey completed for the end of the Challenge, but that is not to be. But, I'm hoping to put in the final stitches by the end of February as I have Mary Bailey scheduled to begin stitching March 1st. Although I may need a little wiggle room as there is still quite a bit to be done on Miss Sarah.
 
But as of today, here she is ....

 
I am in love with the quirky patchwork birds ... they have captivated me and made me forget about stitching the eyelet alphabet! ... so I still have a lot of eyelets to stitch. The stem stitch outlining around the birds and foliage also needs completed ... I will have to stay very motivated if I want to finish by the end of the month! But I think Mary Bailey waiting in the wings will be just the motivation I need!  ... can't wait to get her started!
 
I am so grateful to have been a part of  Nicola's special year ... it has far exceeded my expectations ... and I am thrilled we will continue!
 
Unfortunately, I do not have a local needlework shop, and not only do I miss visiting a shop to see and touch and explore, but I miss the fellowship a local shop brings to the stitching community. I am the only one in my family and circle of friends that stitches. And, yes, my family and friends support and admire my stitching, but they don't fully understand the way all of you do!
 
They don't appreciate the excitement of discovering a new reproduction sampler, the anticipation of a new project, the thrill of accomplishing a new stitch, nor the reasoning behind not  purchasing something for the blank area on  the living room wall because there is a sampler that will be stitched that is perfect for that spot!  ... But you all do!
 
I am in awe of the talent you all have ... I am constantly inspired and encouraged by it. I am thankful for your never-ending support.
 
Thank you, Nicola for your vision. You and Ray have been so gracious and generous in adding to the SLY fun!
 
Thank you, Jo for your support and work in maintaining the blogs ... job well done! 
 
Thank you, Marsha for continuing to share your talents with us. Without you, where would we be ... these beautiful samplers would not be admired and appreciated as they are.
 
Thank you, everyone for participating in this blog and sharing your love of needlework. We have been through many joys  and even commiserated on a few unpleasantries together and through it all I believe we have created something very special!
 
 
So here's to many more years together ...
long live 'Our Scarlet Letter Years'!
 
 
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Lanie
 

 

12 comments:

Krista said...

Your Sarah sampler is gorgeous, Lanie!! Love it! I am glad to hear you will be continuing with us all in our Scarlet Letter Years!

Nicola said...

Hear hear Lanie I will raise my glass and toast to Our Scarlet Letter Years and long may it (and us) continue.

Thank you my friend for your participation xxxx

Jenny said...

You said it just beautifully Lanie! I feel the exact same way...so hears to many more wonderful Scarlet Letter Years! Sarah by the way is looking just lovely....grins....

Debbie Bauer said...

I couldn't say it better Lanie! Before I go to bed tonight,I will toast Scarlet Letter Years with a glass of wine! Your Sarah is beautiful. The patchwork birds are quite captivating.

Bethany said...

With the others here, we couldn't have said it better. This has truly been an amazing year. What a wonderful idea, I am sure in their wildest dreams, Nicola, Ray, Jo and Marsha wouldn't have that this would have taken place. Stitcher's from all over the world, with one common goal, loving, reproducing and enjoying stitching.

Erica near Chicago said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erica near Chicago said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erica near Chicago said...

Amen. You've expressed it very well.

Vera said...

So well said Lanie! And, your pieces are beautiful.

Cindy L said...

Lanie, I agree with everyone...well said about this wonderful year! So true that only another stitcher can understand and appreciate our excitement over a new thread, fabric, pattern, finish, etc. You have truly brought out the beauty of this piece. I did not realize the birds had patchwork on them until seeing your photos. I really like the colors. Here's a cheer for that finish soon.

Maria del Valle said...

You are doing a lovely stitching sampler!

Pamela said...

Love your Sarah Harvey, Lanie! The birds are just too cute :) I hope you reach your end-of-the-month goal, and will look forward to following your next project.