Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Monday, 10 February 2014

Susan Dunn 1771

 Here is the top section
 Middle section. I screwed up the second verse.  I saved the over one for last and did not leave enough room!  I have never done that.  I thought about what to do overnight, and decided to just eliminate the spacing between the lines of verse.  That is why it looks a little scrunched.
 And the lower section.  I am not fond of solid stitched areas.  It puts me to sleep stitching so much area with one color.  The girl and the tree stumps are over one.  I opted to do a tent stitch, but the stitch slants the same direction as the top of a cross stitch instead of the normal direction of a tent stitch
 Close up of the girl.
Completed Susan Dunn 1771.  35 ct linen from kit, AVAS silk.

Susan Dunn will be my final finish for the SL Challenge.  I do plan on continuing though since I have hardly put a dent in my SL stash.  I started AW last night and plan to start Ellenor Wykcs as soon as I get my kit.
Hope that many of you continue on with stitching SL's samplers.

Kim Hummel

15 comments:

Brenda in WI said...

Beautiful work - quite an accomplishment.

Theresa said...

How lovely!! I have been eyeing this one and it so nice to see it stitched! Congratulations!
Winter has been easier this year with the Scarlet letter projects. : )

Nicola said...

BEAUTIFUL - I would not have noticed about the verse if you had not mentioned it.

AW is a great choice and I am looking forward to stitching with you on Ellenor Wykcs.

Thank you for contributing so much to the year Kim.

Krista said...

A beautiful finish, Kim!! I have not noticed this one before but now it is on my list. Looking forward to seeing your work on AW.

samplerlover said...

Another favourite of mine that I have kitted up. It looks really lovely and I wouldn't have noticed the problem with the verse. Well done.

Margaret said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love it!

Debbie Bauer said...

I would never had noticed the verse if you hadn't brought it to our attention. Beautiful sampler!

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Beautiful finish.

I am looking forward to your next sampler.

Jenny said...

Congratulations on a beautiful finish, Kim! I too would never have even noticed the verse...your stitching is awesome. Looking forward to seeing your progress on AW....another one on my list.

Joanne O'H said...

Wonderful finish! Absolutely lovely!

Joanne O'H said...

Wonderful finish! Absolutely lovely!

Bethany said...

What a lovely finish. It is nice to see a finish sampler that is different from those being stitched.

Lanie said...

Beautiful, Kim ... your stitching is perfect! I frequently take a second look at 'Susan' when browsing the SL website, but your finish has put her on my stitching list!
Congratulations on a lovely finish!

Cindy L said...

Beautiful...congratulations on your finish. Your verse looks wonderful.

Erica near Chicago said...

Fabulous! I'll have to take another look at this on the SL website....