Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Friday, 21 February 2014

Thank you!!!

I have missed the end of Nicola's Scarlet Letter Year, but it hasn't ended on this side of the pond yet.  Very little stitching has occurred on my two SL samplers these past few months. I miss them so much! I can't wait until the late evening once the house is quiet enough for stitching. Sadly, once I can give myself permission to start stitching, my eyes are crossing with exhaustion.

Anyway, our family has had a very sad start to our year.  Which reminds me how appreciative I am for having had the opportunity to find this wonderful blog and even be a tiny part of it.  Thank you Nicola, Jo, and Marsha for this fascinating and completely addictive place to lose ourselves in the work of other stitchers!

To say I was overjoyed to learn this wouldn't end, when I finally caught up on my reading, is an understatement! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

So here is my little bit of progress on Mary Ann Michell:




Can't wait to see what the future holds as all of you continue to add tidbits from your lives and your incredible stitching progress!

Rachel

11 comments:

Bethany said...

Hope you get more time for stitching. I would love to see more of this sampler.....

Bethany said...

Hope you get more time for stitching. I would love to see more of this sampler.....

Erica near Chicago said...

My condolences on your sad start to the year. The past few months have been so very difficult for so many. Mary Ann will be such a lovely sampler. I look forward to following your progress.

Krista said...

Sorry to hear that your year has started off sad but I hope your stitching will bring you some joy. The start you made is so very pretty.

Maria del Valle said...

Nice start!!
I hope everything turns out good and you feel better soon.

Jenny said...

Hi Rachel,
The sampler you have started is such a pretty one....I was sorry to read that your year started off with sadness, I hope some stitching on Mary Ann will ease some of that. Sending a hug your way.

Nicola said...

Sending you an extra big hug from your pin pals.

I have this chart and when I stitch it I thought it would be rather nice to replace the wording with "Trewoon House Rules"

If you drop it - Pick it up
If you wear it - Hang it up
It it rings - Answer it
It is opens - Close it.

Cindy L said...

Hi Rachel,
I also hope you have a better year. I just love this border!
Sending a hug your way!
Cindy

Vera said...

Very lovely piece. Here's hoping the year's progress brings more happiness to you.

Elizabeth said...

Sorry to hear of your sadness.

This is a lovely sampler and I am looking forward to seeing more of it.

Debbie Bauer said...

Sorry to hear about the sad beginning of the year for you and your family. Hope stitching helps you heal. I took a look at Mary Ann ,this really is a beautiful sampler.