Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Saturday, 15 March 2014

Christmas Sampler

Stitching tonight!. Its  Friday evening, supper has been served and dishes are done. I was having a few problems with the satin stitch and some instructions but  Melinda of Merry Wind Farm helped me out. Thank you Melinda! They say practice makes perfect so hopefully by the end of this sampler my satin stitch will be a beautiful as hers!
We have had much warmer temperatures this week. The snow is melting fast. So much mud and water I had to get out my rubber boots. I guess spring is going to come after all.
 We are planning a little spring get away this Easter. Two other couples and ourselves are heading to Calgary. It is about an 8 hr. drive. I plan to visit Traditional Stitches ( the only stitching store in Canada that sells S/L designs) and a few quilt shops. I am so excited, the girls at work tease me about being like a child waiting for Christmas!


 

11 comments:

Stitch Wizard said...

This is just beautiful and the colors just pop on this. I really love it. I may have to get this one for me sometime too! :)

Krista said...

A beautiful beginning on the Christmas Sampler, Debbie!! One of my favorite designs, I will look forward to your updates.

Elizabeth said...

Just lovely Debbie. The colours are glorious.

Jenny said...

Beautiful job so far Debbie. I love this sampler....the colors are just lovely. It will be fun to watch your progress :) I am a little rusty on my satin stitch as well....I will need to practice mine too :) Do you use a laying tool? I have never tried one but I have heard that really helps....I am thinking of looking into it. Have a wonderful trip!

Debbie Bauer said...

Hi Jenny, I don't use a laying tool. Melinda suggested I let the thread hand down between stitches to untwist and lie flat. It seems to work fairly well.

Lanie said...

Oh my my my ... look at those colors! ... lovely! I'm sure this sampler will be a joy to stitch ... enjoy!!! :)

Theresa said...

I love this! what is the linen you are using? the colors really stand out on it!
Christmas Sampler is on my wish list. It will be fun seeing yours progress!

Maria del Valle said...

Beautiful work!!
I like Traditional Stitching, although I live in Spain

Cindy L said...

Debbie, I am going to enjoy the photos of your stitching progress on this sampler. The colors are so pretty. Enjoy your vacation!

Debbie Bauer said...

Theresa, it is the S/L kit. If I would have known there was so much satin stitches I would have ordered silk.

Nicola said...

Beautiful stitching Debbie. I think satin stitches are easier with silk. Are you using one or two strands of cotton?

Lucky you visiting Traditional Stitches, will you share some photos.