Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Sunday, 9 March 2014

Elizabeth Sheffield - A Happy Sampler


I wanted to stitch Elizabeth Sheffield from the first moment I saw others posting her on this blog.  The brilliant colors and charming figures struck me as such a happy interpretation of a sampler.  The original must have been stitched by someone who really enjoyed making it.

My progress is slow as the vast amount of over-one stitching takes me quite a lot more time than over two.  But the incredible detail is well worth it, I think.

10 comments:

Bethany said...

I agree, Elizabeth is very bright and cheerful. The bright blue just pops, especially right now, with the alphabet just below in the blue....

Jenny said...

I too have always loved Elizabeth! You are doing a beautiful job on her!

Krista said...

Looks fantastic! Love that big green bird on top! :)

Laura said...

Beautiful!!!

Lanie said...

Oh how I love 'Elizabeth Sheffield'!!! ... your work is beautiful, Terry ... enjoy your time with her!

Debbie Bauer said...

Your Elizabeth is beautiful! I am also drawn to the bright colors.

Stitch Wizard said...

This is really beautiful so far!! So happy you are stitching Elizabeth. Your work is really beautiful!

Vera said...

So beautiful. You are right - the over one takes longer, but is so worth it. The colors in this piece are just wonderful.

Nicola said...

Absolutely worth it !!!

I think you are right about Elizabeth being a happy, cheerful stitcher.

Cindy L said...

Elizabeth is a happy sampler and the over one will be well worth it! Enjoy!